upgraded to 5.0 last nite.....dead battery 4 hours into the day with no cellphone use....what gives....Verizon needs to get on the Ball
    04-01-10 10:48 AM
    battery draining has increased for me as well..
    04-01-10 10:55 AM
    After every OS upgrade I've done my Network Technology (under Setting | Mobile Network) changes to Global. This drains the battery very fast. Switch it back to 1XEV. That should help your battery.
    04-01-10 11:05 AM
    Also, turn the backlight down or off unless you need it. If your not using Bluetooth, keep it off when not using it. It will extend your battery life.
    04-01-10 11:07 AM
    After every OS upgrade I've done my Network Technology (under Setting | Mobile Network) changes to Global. This drains the battery very fast. Switch it back to 1XEV. That should help your battery.
    Yea?

I've never done this
    04-01-10 11:18 AM
    No matter what your settings are there is no reason for your phone to be dead in 4 hours. Its most likely somethin else, give it a day or so and let the phone get used to the new OS and then see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 11:23 AM
    No matter what your settings are there is no reason for your phone to be dead in 4 hours. Its most likely somethin else, give it a day or so and let the phone get used to the new OS and then see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It shouldn't need to get used to the new OS. After this update miserably failed me (battery being one of the reasons) I went with a .419 install with a Driphter hybrid. Not a single issue since.
    04-01-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD