Sorry if this is a repost but I'm a verizon user.

What is new on the new OS i just spent over an hour downloading?

Thanks everyone in advance!
    11-25-09 07:51 PM
    Well, there are a couple threads on this, but I'll play ball...

Not much! Some claim to have improved reboot times and that the OS feels a little "snappier" overall.

The only real difference as far as I'm concerned versus .40 is if you had the common issues with Bluetooth. With .40 while using Bluetooth, the other person couldn't hear what I said. Plus the Voice Activated Dialing chirps were super-loud in my ear.

With .53, .57, or .61, Bluetooth now works. With .61, there seems to be a slight improvement again in Bluetooth sound quality over .53 or .57.

Many Sprint and Bell users had impaired GPS functionality with .40 that was fixed by .57 or .61.
    11-25-09 08:39 PM
    Yes to what Elite said about bluetooth and gps.

.57 has greatly improved both for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:49 PM
    Yes to what Elite said about bluetooth and gps.

.57 has greatly improved both for me.

Thanks for the ditto, "Master."
    11-25-09 08:51 PM
    Problems!!
    It impaired my ringtones and sms tones and assigned custom tones with out my knowledge. And assigned eveyone pictures. I am downgrading until OS 5
    11-25-09 08:58 PM
    I see people saying it improved battery life / made things run quicker.. is that true?
    11-26-09 12:50 AM
    Seems quicker but that is relative. I'm on VZW and performed the OTA upgrade in slightly less than 2 hours including the download.

Biggest difference I noticed. 104M free memory before update and about 84M free after.

My battery life yesterday was the same as any other day. About 5 hours of actual phone, internet and email useage.

11-26-09 08:26 AM
    Seems quicker but that is relative. I'm on VZW and performed the OTA upgrade in slightly less than 2 hours including the download.

Biggest difference I noticed. 104M free memory before update and about 84M free after.

My battery life yesterday was the same as any other day. About 5 hours of actual phone, internet and email useage.

Vette - check around here - there is thread about the memory loss and how to fix it. The temp files done OTA do not earse and there is a fix for this
    11-26-09 08:29 AM
    @VetteBlue You should delete the previous version of the OS you had in the Wireless Update page. When I updated to .61 I noticed the same drop, but once I deleted .47, my available memory shot to 117MB.

I don't notice anything new as far as functionality goes; this OS version seems to me just one for bug fixes and slight tweaks. My Tour, thankfully, was built/runs beautifully, and it seems to be a decent barometer for measuring the differences in .61:

- slightly quicker reboot
    - outbound voice quality improved
    - smoother OS operation

Other than that, any differences are negligible.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

11-26-09 08:37 AM
    After making the upgrade 2 days ago, I no longer hear anything in the headphone jack. Does anyone else have the same problem? How can I downgrade to the previous version?
    11-26-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD