I'm trying to set notifications in my profiles and I have options for Pin and then under IM there is BlackBerry Messanger Alert, New Message, and Groups I think.
    Anyway, I only want to be notified when someone sends me a pin message (or whatever is the free one is from BB to BB), and do NOT want a notification on when I have a voicemail or someone is requesting to send me a pin message.
    I don't understand what all the options are.

Oh also how can you find out what time someone sent you a BlackBerry to BlackBerry message? I can see what time I replied but not what time the mssg came in.

Thanks for any help you may have for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 11:40 AM
    For BBM reply times:

Scrolling up onto the message your contact sent to you and under your contacts name it will say when the message is recieved to you; onto your message to them it will say when it was sent from you. The R above the check means your message has been read/recieved (i think it means read tho)

I thought PIN meant urgent messages that are seen as red font in your inbox...

^ Now that is my assumption tho I'm pretty sure about the BBM thing...
    03-30-10 12:06 PM
    Both use your BB's PIN to route the messages abd both should be covered on your data plan since that's what they are. You can send PIN messages without having someone in your contact list. PIN messages are text only, and show up as Level 1 messages (red) by default in your messages folder.

BBM is a chat style program that organizes the messages sent/received per user and groups them all together. BBM allows sending of pictures, other files, etc up to 6mb in size from one bb to another...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 01:01 PM
    ohh see thats why i thought PIN = Urgent messages.... thanks
    03-30-10 01:22 PM
    Oh I didn't realize that Level 1 messages had anything to do with BBM or PIN messages. I thought Level 1 was for voicemails people marked urgent after they recorded them.
    It's weird though, the incoming PIN or as I call it Blackberry to Blackberry messaging, does NOT show up in my message lists at all. Only the outgoing messages I send or reply to. There must be a setting I need to change somewhere?
    Is it in BBM "Save Message History"? I have it checked "no" but it still saves history in BBM for a particular message.

Just when I thought I had this Tour figured out, I use something new and I'm back to CONFUSION!!
    Thanks all for your replies, I get it figured out one of these days!!
    03-31-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD