i go to exchange for one with a better trackball, i go "my trackball is rather sticky" , and he goes "that's what she said."
    LOL hard at this! And I can imagine a rep saying that too!
    08-12-09 08:25 PM
    I've been a cell phone user since the 80s, I still have my first so-called portable analog phone. It's close to the size (and weight) of a brick, had awful reception, had a long antenna, the battery lasted about 10 minutes, and had a battery charger (I think that's what it was) that I had to carry around in a shoulder bag.

I have never had to return/exchange a cell phone...until the Tour.

So Weekendbum and anyone else claiming to be a Verizon corporate rep, don't you dare point your finger at me or 90%+ of the customers who have had to return/exchange their Tours, sometimes multiple times.

I'm not talking about slightly loose battery doors or screens that ripple if someone chooses to push down on the middle of the screen. I'm talking about trackballs that don't work and phone calls that can't be heard. My Tour is of absolutely no use to me if the trackball doesn't work properly and/or if the person I'm calling can't make out one word I am saying. In either or both of those cases, the Tour is just an overpriced paperweight to me.

I don't want to be told that I'm not using the trackball correctly---it's not rocket science and I was able to use it just fine on my old 8830WE. I don't want to be told that I have to hold the phone a certain way or enable treble boost while standing on my head so I can be understood on calls.

I'm not asking for miracles nor do I expect 100% perfection on every device, I understand how electronics work. But I do expect a Tour that works as advertised with its native OS and if that's not what I get, I do expect to be able to exchange my Tour until I get that minimal expectation met, especially within the initial 30-day guarantee. If it takes several exchanges, blame the manufacturer of the phones, not the customer; believe it or not, we're not all idiots looking for ways to scam Verizon.

Finally, I damn well expect some respect from the representatives of the company who gladly accepts my money each month. I treat the employees with respect (even if I'm told something that is obviously wrong) and I expect the same. If that's not in you, then I respectfully suggest that you may be in the wrong line of work.

The customer may not always be right, but we're not always wrong.
    08-12-09 08:44 PM
    ^ very well said!!
    08-12-09 08:50 PM
    That they have not heard of the BLuetoorh problem.
    08-12-09 08:56 PM
    Thank you so much tractortweeteR and mededitor for helping fight the good fight against weekendbum and his cellular armageddon and death by consumer theory... What he fails to realize is the basic principles of service and goods- u put as much time, effort and quality into the goods u r providing as possible, even if u miss estimated launch dates. By doing this u pick up on the little discrepancies and minor flaws, leading to a more solid product (although the tour is much better than the junk they call a storm was) free from little irritating simple things are having to deal with in these past 2 major launches for VZW. U can't really fault just one section of the process,they all share a lil of the blame. And please weekend bum don't reply with some sort of sarcastic, corporate frat boy explanation, we r kind of all getting tired of hearin the sh*t about us being abusers, most of the people in here who do complain, do so to figure out ways to solve a problem they might have with their individual phone or service. Possibly bc their local rep can't even help them with it. So please shut up and if u r cs rep urself, then how about contributing a little more to helping people who might have a problem on here, instead of giving them the same bullsh*t they can hear when they call verizon or sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:23 AM
    There is no way that 90% of tours are returned. It's not even 9%.
    That's not what he said. He said that 90%+ of the people returning their phones have valid issues with it, and aren't over-exaggerating or making things up.
    08-13-09 05:40 AM
    Try rubbing alcohol on your trackball and do a battery pull.

I see your trackball dont go left or right..are you able to open messages?

How do I pull up the menu?

Ah i hate this stupid battery door, can u open it for me?
    08-13-09 06:12 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD