Why the hype for the Tour you ask? Ask no more: 3G CDMA version of the 8900. That's about it. Verizon needs a new model. The Curve is getting old. ATT/Tmob have spiffy new BBs, Vzn/Sprint want some of that. People's contracts come up all the time and they start sniffing around for newer phones, smartphones. The Storm is the newest smartphone they have, and it has been (shall we say nicely) a tad underwhelming. I sniffed it and passed (and I really wanted to like it). I don't get ATT's 3g here so I got the 8900 and it's been excellent. Verizon wants people like me to come in an sniff the goods again! It didn't take BB a week to throw this phone together. It's basically spare parts from the Bold and 8900 minus the WiFi. Easy stuff.
    You should at least know what you are talking about when you come in here to bash the 9630. The 9630 is not a curve at all. It is more so a replacement for the World Edition 8830 series phone. The 8930 is the CDMA 3G version of the 8900 Curve. And the 9630, is an upgrade of just about every feature of the W/E 8830.
    07-06-09 07:41 PM
    Being a previos omnia and storm owner I can say that the storm is much better than the omnia. The storm has no more issues than most phones people use everyday, most consumers are used to crap so they can't tell one from the other. Having said that the old 8830 is going bye bye the 12th.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by natedeezy; 07-06-09 at 10:22 PM.
    07-06-09 10:16 PM
    idk either, but it feeling is like one of those movies thats coming out that everybody has to go see it
    07-06-09 10:53 PM
    idk either, but it feeling is like one of those movies thats coming out that everybody has to go see it
    so the only reason your getting it is because every one else is? Thats the biggest thing I hate about the tour right now with in a week everyone and there mother will have one...oh well. Still a sick phone!
    07-06-09 11:52 PM
    so the only reason your getting it is because every one else is? Thats the biggest thing I hate about the tour right now with in a week everyone and there mother will have one...oh well. Still a sick phone!
    I don't know about it being a sick phone. It'll be a great CDMA Blackberry but in order to be sick IMO it would have to be more then just that.
    07-07-09 04:45 PM
    What would an IPhone 3GS owner think of the phone? How about a Palm Pre owner? How about a Touch Pro 2 owner? I would even take a Samsung Omnia owners feedback over a Storm owners feedback.

The Storm sucks. Way too many people had issues with it. I was all set to purchase one until I played with a brand new one for about an hour a day for almost a week at a Verizon store only to come to the conclusion that the Storm 1 was trash and no amount of tinkering or playing with the phone could make it a good phone.

edit - A Storm owner is one of the last people that RIM should look to for feedback at this point. Anyone that accepts the Storm or thinks its a good phone that matches up to or laughably even surpasses the phones I mentioned, has low standards and will probably like and buy actual RIM brand turds. There is no need to please this kind of person. They will buy the phone regardless and only demand small improvements because that is what RIM has been doing to them for God knows how long. Get outside of RIM's little box, and get feedback from individuals that use much better touch screen smart phones then the Storm. The Storm is bad in almost every important way for a smart phone. Business and consumer wise. Bottom line.
    I like your way of thinking. Can't stand people who will not take the time and give praise to other revolutionary products that works or has the potential to change the game. Just because it's RIM won't cut it anymore. Another thing is their ignorant reasoning. Their phone works so if other people legitimately complains about the Storm, it's either false, jumping on a bandwagon, or stupidity that causes you to have problems with it. Storm was a rushed out answer to the iphone, and it's a new thing for RIM. 1.0 is never perfect. Storm 2 is the true finalized version of Part 1. Part 1 doesn't exist compared to Storm 2. The problem is Storm 1 was so bad, buying Storm 2 is a risk. That's going to be the mentality for some people. Wifi is the dealmaker.
    07-07-09 05:10 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD