ii live in IL
    i dont see a chicago i can pick
    i see central america is that the one i need?
    07-21-09 05:18 PM
    07-21-09 05:19 PM
    ii live in IL
    GMT -5

10 char
    07-21-09 05:24 PM
    You are kidding right, do you really think IL is in Central America? I pray you are like 9 years old.
    07-21-09 05:41 PM
    ^^^^HAHA.
    give him a break he/she admits they are a noob.
    but i would say eastern or central.
    but its one of the +5's
    07-21-09 09:33 PM
    This has to be a joke. If you don't know what time zone you live in, then you shouldn't even consider a BlackBerry. You're an iphone candidate.

Central time -6
    07-21-09 09:36 PM
    ii live in IL

Chicago is in the central time zone.

I'm sorry, but how exactly can you not know what time zone you live in?!

Please, educate yourself: Standard Time Zones
    07-22-09 12:54 AM
    This has to be a joke. you shouldn't even consider a BlackBerry. You're an iphone candidate.
    LMAO................
    07-22-09 01:04 AM
    Most of the above posters are worse than anything. The person admitted he/she didn't know which time zone he/she lived in, this poster doesn't need you to ridicule him/her

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:09 AM
    The person identified themselves as a "noob"... I would assume they meant a noob when it comes to their BlackBerry... not with what time zone they reside within. :-/
    07-22-09 01:20 AM
    Can the OP be serious. I am not trying to ridicule anyone but the other poster is right...if you don't know what time zone you live in then you don't need a blackberry.

07-22-09 02:00 AM
    What's really funny there are two posters in this thread that don't know time zones either. -5 is est and +5 is in Europe. Now that's what's funny!

07-22-09 06:46 AM
    What's really funny there are two posters in this thread that don't know time zones either. -5 is est and +5 is in Europe. Now that's what's funny!

Ummm I was correct when I said GMT -5. PROOF Nice try though
    07-22-09 06:57 AM
    GMT -5 is EST. The only reason that shows Chicago as GMT -5 is because right now, Chicago is in Daylight Savings Time, and GMT never Changes. (EST is actually GMT -4 right now), but you would still pick the Central Time (GMT -6) and the Blackberry would add an hour for Daylight Savings Time.
    07-22-09 07:08 AM
    GMT -5 is EST. The only reason that shows Chicago as GMT -5 is because right now, Chicago is in Daylight Savings Time, and GMT never Changes. (EST is actually GMT -4 right now), but you would still pick the Central Time (GMT -6) and the Blackberry would add an hour for Daylight Savings Time.
    I understand now. Thank you for explaining instead of insulting. I live in AZ where we're GMT -7 with no DST.
    07-22-09 07:17 AM
    Thanks jeallen. Because. If you live in Chicago and use -5 your phone will be off an hour when we change clocks. I live in Indiana and when we finally changed to EST there was and is a lot of confusion. The Indiana--llinois border is the dividing line between EST and CST. Except for a few counties in Indiana.
    New York City and Chicago will NEVER be on the same time.
    07-22-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD