My phone's trackball is just kinda crappy.. and I wanna get a new one

I'm going to go in and say the following:

-People complain that my voice is always muffled
    -Battery Door's a little loose
    -Trackball tends to get messed up if you use it long enough you'll notice

any advice?

I really like what I'm reading about people's "new" tours.. i dont wanna miss out
    08-14-09 08:42 AM
    PS I bought my tour 24 days ago
    08-14-09 08:43 AM
    Tell them that the trackball sticks and the voice quality is muffled. That alone should be enough to get you a replacement.
    08-14-09 08:44 AM
    Thanks.. I'm pumping myself up for it.. "dont accept no as a motherF'n answer son!"
    08-14-09 08:47 AM
    "I'm within my 30 days and unsatisfied."

When I went to get my replacement, I told the manager I had trackball problems and he looked at my sceptically, and said that if he can't duplicate them, I won't get a new phone.

The distract manager happened to be standing right there next to him and said, and I quote "It doesn't matter if you can duplicate the problem, hes within his 30 days, you have to give him a new one anyway"

Now I don't know if thats 100% true, but lets just say the manager went in the back immediately to get me a new one.
    08-14-09 08:54 AM
    30 days. You can return or exchange it. That has been there policy for a while. When I had that piece of crap storm I went in to return it. The CSR said we can replace it with a new one or exchange it for something else. I got the curve.
    08-14-09 09:11 AM
    Sick.. I didn't know that the 30 days gave you such "ability/power"

I really hope the new trackball is great... mine isnt THAT bad.. but it acts up.. and I really feel like its getting worse and worse

and screen ripple, which doesnt really bother me anyway, but if it was gone, id be happier
    08-14-09 09:14 AM
    "I'm within my 30 days and unsatisfied."

When I went to get my replacement, I told the manager I had trackball problems and he looked at my sceptically, and said that if he can't duplicate them, I won't get a new phone.

The distract manager happened to be standing right there next to him and said, and I quote "It doesn't matter if you can duplicate the problem, hes within his 30 days, you have to give him a new one anyway"

Now I don't know if thats 100% true, but lets just say the manager went in the back immediately to get me a new one.
    When I first signed up for Verizon I got the 8130, the phone's trackball broke in the first couple of days, I returned it and got another one w/o any problems. When I got home I found that the new Pearl had no reception where the old, broken one had 2 bars w/ pretty good service. When I took the new back I was told I'm only allowed one exchange in the 30 day evaluation period and that if I had any problems with the hardware I'd have to cancel my account and lose the activation fee or mail the phone to the manufacturer for repair. So I did what anyone else would do and walked around the store waiting for people looking into switching to VZW and explained to them what just happened and explained existing customers how to get free GPS navigation and tethering on non-BB phones....after about an hour or so, they ended up giving me a new phone. Since then I've just been buying phones directly from the manufacturer or distributor.
    08-14-09 09:17 AM
    Yeah just tell them that your trackballs crappy and your within your 30 days and they should hook you up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 09:17 AM
    You don't need a receipt do u?

I higggghly doubt it, but I won't put anything past verizon
    08-14-09 09:30 AM
    get on the phone with them right now, and report back to us in another 10 minutes when your done with the call, let us know what they told you
    08-14-09 09:33 AM
    Just tell them the keyboard is properly responding. And the trackball isn't responding to movements/clicking.
    08-14-09 09:33 AM
    If your within your 30 day period, you don't need a reason. Tell them your unhappy with this unit and ask for a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 09:35 AM
    Thank you everyone

Pretty confident I'll be gettin a brand new Tour during lunch break
    08-14-09 09:36 AM
    I had some problems with my Tour and the trackball was one of them. To correct that all they did was turn up the sensitivity (horizontal) on the trackball and it seemed much better. I ended up getting a new one anyway as I was on my 30th day and the case was pretty clear cut. He said the one big difference if I wasn't within 30 days that they would have to order a new one for me rather than exchange it directly at the store. The one bummer he told me was that there's no way he knows of yet for the consumer to easily remove the trackball to clean it.
    08-14-09 09:38 AM
    The truth is always the best thing to tell them.
    08-14-09 09:41 AM
    I had some problems with my Tour and the trackball was one of them. To correct that all they did was turn up the sensitivity (horizontal) on the trackball and it seemed much better. I ended up getting a new one anyway as I was on my 30th day and the case was pretty clear cut. He said the one big difference if I wasn't within 30 days that they would have to order a new one for me rather than exchange it directly at the store. The one bummer he told me was that there's no way he knows of yet for the consumer to easily remove the trackball to clean it.
    In that case, I'm gonna go in there with my sensitivity at 90

i normally have it at 80
    08-14-09 09:42 AM
    During the first 30 days you can have an issue with anything and per the policy we change it out, regardless either of the issue or if you just dont like it the unit. after the 30 days if your having issues then its a warranty thing and thats when the issue needs to be duplicated.
    08-16-09 08:40 AM
    File a complaint with the FCC. RIM told me the Tour's design was "faulty" and the phone was "being discontinued". they even said "see your cell carrier for a new phone".

Didn't happen at the Verizon store(s) and 6 months with 5 Tour's I finally said "I'm going to the place who monitors these companies". that was when the FCC compaint was filed.

The phones couldn't make calls or keep calls. That was not in the contract so therefore, it's not an accurate and fair contract.

I had better things to do that go into Verizon every 3 weeks with Tour problems and had to buy a disposable phone since my Tour never worked.

Don't take their garbage like I did, the FCC complaints are very serious and they don't want them on their record. They'll do anything to get you to drop your complaint!
    06-23-11 03:39 PM
    Oh and if you haven't gotten a new phone by now, you've probably learned the issues you mention with your Tour are only the tip the problem iceberg. Trust me, time will show you what I mean.
    06-23-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD