O.K. So here's the deal. I have a Tour and my 30 days is up tomorrow. I'm paranoid as **** reading threw the numerous threads here, especially about the new "green dot" refurbed/checked for defects etc. My tour is seemingly fine. No loose battery door, trackball seems ok. This is my first Blackberry so I have nothing to compare it to. My Tour is a Canada 1. I do have the insurance option. What to do? WHat if it goes crapola after the 30 days? I may just go to VZW to see what another trackball feels like. I should probably stop reading the threads here and enjoy my phone. Which I love.
    08-19-09 06:35 AM
    If you have a Tour that is meeting your needs and expectations I say just enjoy it. Alot of the issues that are talked about on here are perfectly legitimate but alot of them are seriously overblown. Take what you read on here for what it is.....other people's opinions. Some of it is just plain old venting. I have gotten great tips and advice on here but also had to stop myself for looking for flaws in what has been a great device for me.
    08-19-09 06:51 AM
    You have a phone that works and you're worrying that it will stop working? That's what the one year warranty is for. Regardless, the people who are having problems experienced them in the first few days.

Greg
    08-19-09 07:32 AM
    If your Tour seems fine to you, keep it and enjoy it. Just because it didn't have a green dot doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. If you're still paranoid, get insurance on it before your 30 days are up. That way you're still covered when the one year warranty is up.
    08-19-09 07:42 AM
    As long as is working 100% for you is all that matters, jus because other people have problems with their Tour doesn't mean that "every" Tour is the same some are good, some are bad and your jus happens to be one of the good ones....
    08-19-09 07:50 AM
    O.K. So here's the deal. I have a Tour and my 30 days is up tomorrow. I'm paranoid as **** reading threw the numerous threads here, especially about the new "green dot" refurbed/checked for defects etc. My tour is seemingly fine. No loose battery door, trackball seems ok. This is my first Blackberry so I have nothing to compare it to. My Tour is a Canada 1. I do have the insurance option. What to do? WHat if it goes crapola after the 30 days? I may just go to VZW to see what another trackball feels like. I should probably stop reading the threads here and enjoy my phone. Which I love.
    Relax, I have the Canada 1 and had a little track ball lag and a loose battery door. I changed the speed for the track ball and that seems to have fixed that and the loose battery door was fixed with a little tape. Just enjoy it. I would not send mine back just because a battery door is a little loose. **** someone will come out with a replacement door that will be tight.
    08-19-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD