1. wrestler32245's Avatar
    i am new to the blackberry world and have just recently purchased a ne storm. i really like it but there are some issues that are kinda ruining the experience for me. i was wondering if i should turn it in and wait for the niagara (i have until april 15 to do so) or stick with it and wait for the OS updates and for the device to reach its full potential. any help or advise would be great.

    thank you
    03-22-09 08:16 PM
  2. Bruce.Lee's Avatar
    Hate to tell you, but I doubt it will be out by April 15. May at the earliest seems to be the general consensus around here. I'm sure they will update the OS and make the storm better, and by the time Niagara comes out, it'll really be up to you whether or not you want to fork up the money to buy the Niagara later.
    03-22-09 08:21 PM
  3. ausch's Avatar
    Just update to a newer OS now. Cause I bet your still runing .76 on it?
    03-22-09 08:32 PM
  4. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    Newer OS may be out by April 15. If so, update and see what you think. If not, return prior to that date and wait until May for Niagra.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 09:00 PM
  5. TheSultan's Avatar
    What you're doing here is assuming that an OS upgrade will improve how much you like the phone. I personally would never gamble on something like that. What happens if they release an OS and it's still not to your liking?
    03-22-09 09:05 PM
  6. F3AR#AC's Avatar
    I say you wait for a few more weeks and see if Verizon releases a new OS but honestly I think you should return it and wait for the Niagara. If you haven't had touchscreen phones before your most likely are going to eventually realize that you prefer actual buttons. I love the big screen on the Storm but I think it sacrifices too much for it.
    03-22-09 09:09 PM
  7. JoeyMoose's Avatar
    I agree with returning it.
    03-22-09 09:12 PM
  8. crackberryfan's Avatar
    In the end, you have to ask yourself why the Storm experience is not that good for you. As mentioned by others, an OS update can't fix certain things (e.g., it will always have an onscreen keyboard, the clickable screen won't go away, etc.). If it's things like this that bother you move on.

    If you used your NE2 and also extended your contract 2 years, they both will be reset to the pre-Storm status if you return it (and don't exchange it for another one and go back to your old phone). I had been on a month-to-month starting September 2008. In December I bought a Storm with a $50 NE2 credit and extended my contract. Returned it a few weeks later and my NE2 was restored and my contract went back to month-to-month.

    Why not return the Storm and wait for the Niagara since you're having so many doubts. Use it for a few weeks and compare it to your Storm experience. Simply keep the Niagara if you like it. If you realize the Storm was actually good (and/or an updated OS fixes some of the problems that concerned you), exchange the Niagara for a Storm within 30 days and pay the $35 exchange fee.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 03-23-09 at 08:52 AM.
    03-23-09 08:48 AM
  9. pkcable's Avatar
    You may want to try one of the leaks too before you give up on the Storm, they improve things much. I recommend .109.
    03-23-09 09:18 AM