With the alleged disappearance of Tour 2 in favor of a Bold XX, what are we Tour 1 owners facing with Verizon's release of the OS 5?We were supposedly waiting for the Tour 2 release to get the OS 5 -- but now what??

It's doubly disturbing that Verizon is the only major carrier that hasn't released an OS 5 for the Tour. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR NOW??

This sure makes the iPhone look more and more appealing.
    02-23-10 10:14 AM
    they are working on .5XX and will release it soon im sure
    02-23-10 10:20 AM
    Verizon is waiting to pass the test on the builds! Verizon is stricked when it comes to passing the test, and none of them have passed yet...
    02-23-10 10:28 AM
    just download the mts leak, and head over to driphter.com for the hybrid. Im running it now and im telling you my phone is better than some version that verizion is going to release. my battery life is unreal, and the brower is insanely fast. Also, its very easy to install.
    02-23-10 10:31 AM
    They will eventually release OS 5 whether it is for the Tour or the Bold it wont matter, you can use either, I have been running 5.0 now for over two months so if 5.0 OS that important to you there are plenty of choices out there that are stable enough. I have had no issues with .419.
    02-23-10 10:32 AM
    just download the mts leak, and head over to driphter.com for the hybrid. Im running it now and im telling you my phone is better than some version that verizion is going to release. my battery life is unreal, and the brower is insanely fast. Also, its very easy to install.
    Vzw release of .5xx and wait for driphter to create some hybrid with that?
    02-23-10 12:05 PM
    X2 on this idea.... plus I'm sure it will run better than what ever Verizon throws out there.
    02-23-10 12:26 PM
    Vzw release of .5xx and wait for driphter to create some hybrid with that?
    X3. You won't be disappointed.
    02-23-10 01:25 PM
    Verizon is waiting to pass the test on the builds! Verizon is stricked when it comes to passing the test, and none of them have passed yet...

Just curious where you obtained this info?
    02-23-10 02:32 PM
    Personally, I think if the Tour name is gonna die when the Bold 97xx is released then I think Verizon isn't probably going to be as picky with the 5.0 build now....it wouldn't shock me if they weren't. I mean, .419 and .484 are all pretty solid builds. I really like .419 on my phone but I went back to 4.7.1.61 for the strict reason it has the vendor.xml file and without that, I can't run my Mobile Banking app. I just wished Big Red would approve a 5.0 release and send it to us...they aren't going to have the Tour for much longer anyways, what is a bug or two to them is the device if gonna die? Drop .419 or .484 and be done with it and put all the 9630 users voices to rest and let them at least be happy about something.
    02-23-10 03:09 PM
    Personally, I think if the Tour name is gonna die when the Bold 97xx is released then I think Verizon isn't probably going to be as picky with the 5.0 build now....it wouldn't shock me if they weren't. I mean, .419 and .484 are all pretty solid builds. I really like .419 on my phone but I went back to 4.7.1.61 for the strict reason it has the vendor.xml file and without that, I can't run my Mobile Banking app. I just wished Big Red would approve a 5.0 release and send it to us...they aren't going to have the Tour for much longer anyways, what is a bug or two to them is the device if gonna die? Drop .419 or .484 and be done with it and put all the 9630 users voices to rest and let them at least be happy about something.
    while id like to agree with you, what about the tour owners who arent going to be as fortunate to receive the new tour/bold. I personally would like an OS without any bugs and i want it to work flawlessly regardless of the phone being discontinued. Cause granted youll shut us up when they release but once we come across all these bugs, trust me youll be hearing alot more about it.
    02-23-10 05:14 PM

Im running the OS 5.0 from MTS. Is this the hybrid i use?
    Driphter 9630 Dv6.4 411/419/421/461/484/497 ?
    02-23-10 05:33 PM
    Im running the OS 5.0 from MTS. Is this the hybrid i use?
    Driphter 9630 Dv6.4 411/419/421/461/484/497 ?
    yes thats the hybrid you are using

how is it running so far? do you like it? did you use driphters 6.3 at all?

i'm using 6.3 right now and am trying to decide if its worth it to update to 6.4
    02-23-10 05:38 PM
    I never tried the 6.3 because he came out with the 6.4 for VIP's a few days later but the hybrid is abosolutely ridiculous. Everything about it is amazing... battery life, speed, response! for the 6.4 hybrid you have to be a vip which is $20 lifetime but its a steal... trust me driphter.com
    02-23-10 06:42 PM
    i want to do this hybrid thing so bad, but im absolutely losttttt. I would have no idea where to even start. :?
    02-23-10 08:54 PM
    while id like to agree with you, what about the tour owners who arent going to be as fortunate to receive the new tour/bold. I personally would like an OS without any bugs and i want it to work flawlessly regardless of the phone being discontinued. Cause granted youll shut us up when they release but once we come across all these bugs, trust me youll be hearing alot more about it.
    This I agree with you too. I personally want my Tour to run great before I use my upgrade to get the new Bold so yea, it would be nice to get a excellent OS before the new device rolls out. That is what I want but it wouldn't shock me if VZW throw something out there in the next week or so.
    02-23-10 09:00 PM
    you really think we could see something within in the next week? That would be incredible! and it also wouldnt shock me if the new OS that verizon drops is less than perfect. Ive heard so many things wrong with the sprint version, hope verizons on top of their game if they're taking so long.
    02-23-10 09:24 PM
    you really think we could see something within in the next week? That would be incredible! and it also wouldnt shock me if the new OS that verizon drops is less than perfect. Ive heard so many things wrong with the sprint version, hope verizons on top of their game if they're taking so long.
    Agreed 1x

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-10 09:36 PM
    All the 5.0 OS's have had some sort of problem... Verizon's will be no different... Keep in mind that there is really no such thing as a Sprint OS or Verizon OS.. RIM sent the same batch of crud to all the Co's.. Each Co can choose any version they deem to be best for them. Just a matter of which version they will approve. However, if they have to choose from a bucket of crud then guess what they have to approve??... I do not think VZ is trying to delay releasing an official.. They are having a hard time deciding which one will cause the least headaches for them..
    02-23-10 10:10 PM
    makes sense. Thanks
    02-23-10 10:13 PM
    go to driphter.com sign up there is free registration and you can see how awesome it is. they have tutorials and people there that are dedicated to helping you, and the videos are a huge help... if you become a member there pm me and ill help you with what i can!
    02-23-10 11:00 PM
    All the 5.0 OS's have had some sort of problem... Verizon's will be no different... Keep in mind that there is really no such thing as a Sprint OS or Verizon OS.. RIM sent the same batch of crud to all the Co's.. Each Co can choose any version they deem to be best for them. Just a matter of which version they will approve. However, if they have to choose from a bucket of crud then guess what they have to approve??... I do not think VZ is trying to delay releasing an official.. They are having a hard time deciding which one will cause the least headaches for them..
    Maybe RIM should start surfing the hybrid forums and pick up a real operating system?? Well, maybe they do...lol, you really never know??
    02-23-10 11:27 PM
    i want to do this hybrid thing so bad, but im absolutely losttttt. I would have no idea where to even start. :?
    do a search of the beta/hybrid threads, there are tons of tutorials, and feel free to pm me with questions, i was nervous about doing all this upgrading and hybrid stuff once too.

but once you do it once, its a breeze after that!!
    02-24-10 12:07 AM
    Maybe RIM should start surfing the hybrid forums and pick up a real operating system?? Well, maybe they do...lol, you really never know??
    Well the Hybrids are just a combo of .cod files that RIM already made.. Just RIM can't seem to get things in the right order and their internal testing just sucks(should call this Toyota Syndrome). Personally I started mixing and removing cod files and now have one lean mean OS with only features that I use and always 113MB+ free. However, we should not have to do this.. RIM should be releasing an OS that works. Like I said before it is not like they have to support thousands of hardware possiblities like a PC.. They should not be screwing up something so simple.
    02-24-10 07:15 AM
    Im just gonna wait for the official Verizon 5.0 OS because im sure there will be a hybrid for that...no point of paying $20 for something that will be outdated in a month or so...
    02-24-10 08:33 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD