Are there any new features, or is it just faster w a better screen?
    07-20-09 08:11 PM
    I think it's a bit faster than the Curve for example. And a better screen. And international capabilities.
    07-20-09 08:21 PM
    -Much faster
    -Much nicer screen
    -Better keyboard (although that's subjective)
    -GSM
    -OS

It has its problems, and there are things I miss about my Curve, but the issues that I have with the Tour don't detract enough from the good things about it, so I'm happy overall.
    07-20-09 08:25 PM
    Coming from an 8330 I'll add a couple that get less notoriety;

- Precise and smooth trackball

- Bedside mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 08:38 PM
    Coming from an 8330 I'll add a couple that get less notoriety;

- Precise and smooth trackball

- Bedside mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I didn't mention those because I'm fairly certain my trackball has issues, and my 8330's trackball was exceptional (I lucked out, as I understand it). I do see how the Tour's trackball is supposed ot be more precise and smooth, though.

The bedside mode is cool, but as noted in other threads, it causes the berry to heat up while charging.
    07-20-09 09:09 PM
    The only things that I can see that might be better than previous Blackberrys is that it is a smaller "Bold" for CDMA.

I visited Blackberry.com and compared it against the Bold and according to Blackberry.com it has a slightly better camera and camera features - but this would on matter to those who want to take pictures. It has more RAM than the Bold which is really inconsequential from what I can see. It also has a smaller form factor going on. Here again - that's for those who want an smaller device.

I see the Tour and Palm Pre as products of the "Great American Hype Machine" - at its finest.

Please don't think I don't love BlackBerry because I do. My Bold is never out of my hand for very long.

Peace
    07-20-09 09:31 PM
    It has more memory that i've ever seen a blackberry have. I can install apps left and right and not worry about any application memory.

It has a 3.2 megapixel camera that works wonderfully with autofocus.

Screen Resolution is amazing

Its small, compact

Browser works well and fast

The whole phone is fast

I could go on and on. This phone is definitely on point! Great job RIM, best RIM device i've ever owned.
    07-20-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD