I had a long conversation with 2 guys at a Sprint store near me (Brooklyn NY) who both blackberrys ever since the first one. They said VWZ was pretty much slated for May and that Sprint usually follows by 1-2 months. I know this is all stuff we've heard before, but they seemed to be looking forward to it even more then myself and that was comforting. He did however say that it was absolutely coming to Sprint, again something that was pretty much confirmed. I'm not pretending this is some huge breakthrough, but as a disgusted sprint user its comforting to know we'll get it eventually. He also said that the educated guess him and his co-workers have made is between 500 and 600 dollars. Not to be fooled, I'm sure Sprint tells them literally nothing, but again, comforting.
    04-09-09 02:12 PM
    Well unfortunately what they have told you is pretty much old news, which tends to be the case for any customer service rep. May went out the window weeks ago for Verizon, and rumors for a Sprint release date have not even begin to make its way around.
    04-09-09 02:17 PM
    He also said that the educated guess him and his co-workers have made is between 500 and 600 dollars.
    *Gulp* $500 to $600? Okay, that Curve is starting to look better by the minute, especially with NE2 not getting you much on Verizon these days.
    04-09-09 03:56 PM
    Well the Curve through Sprint is $569 retail, so that fits right in line for them. The Verizon curve is $429......I would assume that the 9630 would fit right in the price figures retail.
    04-09-09 04:13 PM
    i'd be interested to see how many of people's "sources" actually got their info from this site itself.

wouldn't surprise me at all if 1 rep hears on cb.com that it's coming out in may, then tells a customer they talk to that they heard it's coming in may, and boom we have a confirmed release date!

sounds like a fun game to me.

note** -- not baggin on the OP, as he said that he knew this wasn't anything new/concrete.. but im just shootin the breeze on the topic.

-Cow
    04-09-09 04:22 PM
    Yeah man, old but still good news. BTW which Sprint store did you go to in brooklyn?
    04-09-09 04:55 PM
    The one on Montague Street and Court in BK Heights.
    04-10-09 01:07 PM
    I actually went to a verizon store today to have my trackball replaced on my 8330 curve and while waiting there.. When the tech came out to give me back my repaired phone I asked about the 9630 phone and he was like you mean the Niagara? I said yes.. He said that they just recently had meetings on advertising and how they were going to release it. He mentioned that they expect to have it released mid May and he is also waiting for it to be released to pick one up himself.

Another interesting thing he mentioned was to let me know not to get the Storm as that phone is the worse BB phone in the line up and told me to wait for the Niagara. I told him that I already knew the Storm was crap since my GF has one and she hates the phone.. lol.
    04-10-09 09:50 PM
    I actually went to a verizon store today to have my trackball replaced on my 8330 curve and while waiting there.. When the tech came out to give me back my repaired phone I asked about the 9630 phone and he was like you mean the Niagara? I said yes.. He said that they just recently had meetings on advertising and how they were going to release it. He mentioned that they expect to have it released mid May and he is also waiting for it to be released to pick one up himself.

Another interesting thing he mentioned was to let me know not to get the Storm as that phone is the worse BB phone in the line up and told me to wait for the Niagara. I told him that I already knew the Storm was crap since my GF has one and she hates the phone.. lol.
    I hope you're right, dude. Any longer than May would be killer for me. This Storm and its crappy "keyboard" and OS are wearing thin very fast.
    04-10-09 11:24 PM
    may 18th still fits..
    04-11-09 12:01 AM
    may 18th still fits..
    ? What do you mean by that?
    04-11-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD