This appeared on my Tour last night or this morning...I thought maybe it was for an email msg, but the email icons don't show any new msgs...and there's nothing new in the folder...

No new SMS/MMS msg either...and no missed calls...

So...What is this??? I can't get rid of it, because I don't know what it is...

(If you can't make it out, it's two small "o" connected by a line at the bottom)

BTW: I did a Search here, and found a thread that said it had all the icons listed...but there were no pics in it)
    01-20-10 04:27 PM
    Voicemail icon in some themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 04:28 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yep, that's what my voicemail icon looks like.
    01-20-10 04:29 PM
    ...???...Hmmm...Where do I find the app to respond or get rid of the notification???

Voicemail??? I don't even know what that is...

It's gotta be spam from Verizon...I haven't given out my number to anyone else...
    Last edited by ferretface; 01-20-10 at 04:35 PM.
    01-20-10 04:32 PM
    ...???...Hmmm...Where do I find the app to respond or get rid of the notification???

It's gotta be spam from Verizon...I haven't given out my number to anyone else...
    Maybe someone dialed a wrong number and left you an appology for calling
    01-20-10 04:41 PM
    I had that problem with my phone for some reason it said I had 18 voicemails! But when someone left me a voicemail and I listened and deleted it, the icon went away. So try calling your phone from a LAN line or some other phone, leave a VM.
    01-20-10 04:43 PM
    If you can't get rid of the Voicemail icon, call your phone and leave a a voicemail, then check your voicemail and delete, it should go away...
    01-20-10 04:44 PM
    For future reference here are some of the main icons you will see.....

01-20-10 04:46 PM
    Thank you all for your responses!

I'll try calling & leaving a voicemail...If I can figure out how...
    Last edited by ferretface; 01-20-10 at 04:58 PM.
    01-20-10 04:54 PM
    just press and hold 1 on your phone. That calls your voicemail then it will say something like you have one new voicemail then listen to it then do what you want (delete or save or whatever) then the icon will disappear
    01-20-10 05:44 PM
    just press and hold 1 on your phone. That calls your voicemail then it will say something like you have one new voicemail then listen to it then do what you want (delete or save or whatever) then the icon will disappear
    ...OK...I'm looking in my "Tips, Hints, and Shortcuts" booklet that came with my Tour...I've never set up Voicemail...I don't have a password...I'm not even sure if Voicemail is part of my basic package...

BTW: When I first got this BB, I had two "missed calls"...I asked the nice girl at the VWZ store what they were, and she said -

her - "Oh, that was probably somebody from the old number"...

me - "What old number???"...

her - "We recycle the unused old numbers; that was probably someone calling the person who had this number before you"...

... ...
    01-20-10 05:54 PM

Wow, thats like owning a Ferarri and not knowing what that pedal on the right under the steering wheel is...

You need to get out and make friends...
    01-20-10 06:26 PM

Wow, thats like owning a Ferarri and not knowing what that pedal on the right under the steering wheel is...

You need to get out and make friends...
    You don't have any ex-wives yet, do you???

(And my toy is a Corvette)
    01-20-10 06:31 PM
    If you've never set up voicemail before, your password is probably either the last 4 digits of your phone number or Verizon account number.

Edit: other possibilities: date of birth or last 4 digits of your social security number.
    Last edited by cae2685; 01-20-10 at 07:26 PM.
    01-20-10 07:22 PM
    sometimes the word "mail" is the password.
    01-20-10 08:00 PM
    Sometimes it's "0000"
    01-21-10 05:15 AM
    For future reference here are some of the main icons you will see.....

Thanks for that!

I negatized it and printed it out...so i wouldn't waste ink...here's the negatized image, for anyone else with ink cartridge shock...
    01-22-10 06:52 PM
    I took the easy way out, and went ahead and set up my VoiceMail account, and chose a 4-digit password...The voicemail msg was about my email address, password, or something else being changed in my MyVerizon account...and to call the 800 help number for assistance...So I did...there was no note in my account about the voicemail msg (which was automated, BTW)...The tech had no idea why I would have gotten that voicemail alert...

So at least I got rid of the obnoxious icon...
    01-22-10 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD