I recently purchased my Tour on November 7th. I had a hard time getting my apps switched over with new pin. Some developers have yet to return my request or answer my questions. If my trackball fail to operate will I have to exchange phones and rebuy some apps like I did when leaving 8330 to go to tour. Would I void my warranty if I tried to do it myself or are they able to do it in store. It's starting to stick a little.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 11:42 AM
    I recently purchased my Tour on November 7th. I had a hard time getting my apps switched over with new pin. Some developers have yet to return my request or answer my questions. If my trackball fail to operate will I have to exchange phones and rebuy some apps like I did when leaving 8330 to go to tour. Would I void my warranty if I tried to do it myself or are they able to do it in store. It's starting to stick a little.

you will void your warrenty if you take apart your phone. Only option without voiding your warrenty is to get a replacement Tour

no, you will not lose any of your paid apps. All you have to do if you bought them from crackberry is to log into your account, and select the option to change PIN numbers, this will give you new activation codes.

you can also use Desktop maneger and use Device Switch Wizard which will transfer everything you have on the old phone into the new one including apps.

if your trackball is starting to stick, time to a replacement it sounds like
    12-12-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks for the info and advice

12-12-09 01:51 PM
    I just upgraded from my Pearl 8130 to a Curve 8530 and usng device manager/device switch wizard; it transfered everything; my contacts, settings, other data and even my 3rd party apps with no problem what so ever. I was actually surprised that the data transfer went so smooth. I was quite elated!!! Good luck
    12-12-09 02:05 PM

Trade it in for the Mot Droid.
    12-12-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD