I have a 8330 now and was reading about the tour.The only major difference that I can see is the screen resolution and key pad. What does the new tour do that my 8330 doesn't do? I'm up for a new phone but thinking I might wait for the storm2 especially if its going to have wi-fi
    07-02-09 03:08 AM
    I guess it depends on how your 8330 experience has been. If you can run all the apps and do whatever you want to do with the 8330 then I don't see any reason to jump to the tour, especially since we haven't had a chance to discover the glitches and bugs in the device. I will say that the camera is the same as my 8900, and it's perfect for an average joe like me. I no longer have to apologize that I took the picture with my cell phone.
    07-02-09 03:15 AM
    I have a 8330 now and was reading about the tour.The only major difference that I can see is the screen resolution and key pad. What does the new tour do that my 8330 doesn't do? I'm up for a new phone but thinking I might wait for the storm2 especially if its going to have wi-fi
    Its got a....

-- much better OS
    --fastest browser of any blackberry to date
    --a lot more onboard memory
    --better screen
    --then of course the keypad is top of the line as well
    07-02-09 03:25 AM
    Thanks guys!!! I really believe blackberry will not issue out any more phones until they are fully tested.I expect bugs but nothing like the storm did and has. Will the storm 2 really have wi-fi?
    07-02-09 03:44 AM
    Not saying no one knows this, but from what I understand, the Sprint 9630 is replacing the Sprint 8830 not the Curve 8330. So you will gain world phone capabilities, and (depending on your preference) a whole new keyboard experience.

I know of several folks who did not enjoy the keyboard experience with the 8830 and so switched to an 8330 because they did not need the world roaming capabilities. So you may really want to consider testing the 9630's keyboard first before taking the plunge.

I've heard an actual Curve replacement is forthcoming for CDMA carriers, but I just don't study up enough to know what prototype name that version has been given.
    07-02-09 04:40 AM
    For stability I prefer 8707v yeah its ancient but at least it never hangs.
    07-02-09 04:48 AM
    Better camera
    Faster processor
    More memory
    Better keybaord
    Improved OS
    World phone
    Better speakers
    Much better screen
    Etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 04:50 AM
    You gain +50 XP
    07-02-09 05:21 AM
    You gain +50 XP
    What, no gold or item drop?
    07-02-09 06:11 AM
    Thanks guys!!! I really believe blackberry will not issue out any more phones until they are fully tested.I expect bugs but nothing like the storm did and has. Will the storm 2 really have wi-fi?
    correct me if im wrong but i think its a matter of if verizon wants the phone to have wi-fi. storm 1 has wifi depending on the carrier. so its something that verizon nixed when deciding to offer the phone. they just want to have you for the $30 data plan and possibly get you for overages if you're completely mindless.
    07-02-09 08:17 AM
    correct me if im wrong but i think its a matter of if verizon wants the phone to have wi-fi. storm 1 has wifi depending on the carrier. so its something that verizon nixed when deciding to offer the phone. they just want to have you for the $30 data plan and possibly get you for overages if you're completely mindless.
    The Storm is on another carrier?
    07-02-09 08:20 AM
    The Storm is on another carrier?
    well yeah, canada's carrier, and what ever china's carrier is.. the storm is sold world wide, its not just verizon that has it

but the storm has NO WIFI at all no matter which one you get, that has been proven already
    07-02-09 08:23 AM
    No Storms have Wi-Fi. The new Storm 2 is supposed to have Wi-Fi. If you haven't owned a touch screen device yet (and thus haven't had to live with typing on a touch screen), and type a lot of emails on your phone, I would suggest the Tour over the Storm 2. I have a Storm and will not get another touch screen phone because of how hard it is to type on.

Wi-Fi is cool, but not all that useful on a Blackberry since you can't download large files anyway. Web browsing isn't really all that faster over Wi-Fi, so unless you have a "dead zone" with no coverage somewhere like your house or office where you can get Wi-Fi, I bet you will end up not using the Wi-Fi much at all.
    07-02-09 08:23 AM
    No Storms have Wi-Fi. The new Storm 2 is supposed to have Wi-Fi. If you haven't owned a touch screen device yet (and thus haven't had to live with typing on a touch screen), and type a lot of emails on your phone, I would suggest the Tour over the Storm 2. I have a Storm and will not get another touch screen phone because of how hard it is to type on.

Wi-Fi is cool, but not all that useful on a Blackberry since you can't download large files anyway. Web browsing isn't really all that faster over Wi-Fi, so unless you have a "dead zone" with no coverage somewhere like your house or office where you can get Wi-Fi, I bet you will end up not using the Wi-Fi much at all.

totaly agree with you. Being that most of us are on Verizon and Verizon has the best 3g coverage here in the U.S its worthless to have WIFI on any of there phones
    07-02-09 08:25 AM
    I don't understand these threads of "why should I upgrade" or "what do I gain". I think its simple if you want to upgrade from your 8830 you will get the update to the class of phone you currently have. What happens if you don't upgrade? Wait another 2 years until the upgrade to the Tour comes out and maybe what you will gain will be more.

Also if you're a person that is interested in the Storm 2 why would you be interested in the Tour at all? I feel like a large number of people will be dropping the Storm in favor of the Tour.....I don't think it will be the same way when the Storm 2 comes out.
    07-02-09 08:41 AM
    well yeah, canada's carrier, and what ever china's carrier is.. the storm is sold world wide, its not just verizon that has it

but the storm has NO WIFI at all no matter which one you get, that has been proven already
    I learn something new every time I come to this site
    07-02-09 08:46 AM
    I've heard an actual Curve replacement is forthcoming for CDMA carriers, but I just don't study up enough to know what prototype name that version has been given.
    Ooh, any more info on this anywhere??
    07-02-09 09:53 AM
    What, no gold or item drop?
    Buying a Tour gets you an Adaman Hauberk AND a Ridill...

Props to the first nerd who knows what I'm referencing
    07-02-09 11:06 AM
    totaly agree with you. Being that most of us are on Verizon and Verizon has the best 3g coverage here in the U.S its worthless to have WIFI on any of there phones
    um.... PLANES. OVERSEAS.
    07-02-09 11:22 AM
    The lack of Wi-Fi really only affects the international/frequent travel user.

my iPhone has wifi and I don't think I use it at all...Well, my actual cell phone coverage is horrific, so for longerish phone calls, i use it for skype :P

Not really gonna miss the wifi though.
    07-02-09 11:44 AM
    Don't forget stand-alone GPS finally!
    07-02-09 11:54 AM
    um.... PLANES. OVERSEAS.
    thank you allowing me not to have had to post that myself! If I would of seen another no need for wifi comment, I would of blew my top!

well... probably not but hey
    07-02-09 01:54 PM
    thank you allowing me not to have had to post that myself! If I would of seen another no need for wifi comment, I would of blew my top!

well... probably not but hey
    nope, no need with verizon
    07-02-09 02:10 PM
    I'm really having trouble deciding if I should spend the $$ on the Tour. My 8330 is totally customized to my liking and it works very well. 90% of my usage is email and Viigo feeds. Just torn if the Tour offers enough advantages over the 8330 to justify the expense.
    07-02-09 02:24 PM
    Well I guess you have to weigh that option then. To me it's more memory for apps,the phone is faster, looks better, cooler looking OS plus it'll go up to 5.0 this fall sometime, better camera and way nicer screen resolution
    07-02-09 02:31 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD