I am an Alltel customer soon to be VZW. I would like to know what the difference is between the Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage plan ($44.99) and the Email and Web plan for Blackberry ($29.99). Someone help please. I really don't know the difference. I would also like to know whether you get a blackberry email address with both of the plans. Thanks!
    06-29-09 10:20 PM
    The ($44.99) plan is for BES users, as the ($29.99) is for BIS users. If this is your personal phone and you are not linking it with company servers or anything of the such you are a BIS user. Also, to answer your 2nd question: Yes, you can create a Blackberry email address with both plans.
    06-29-09 10:24 PM
    If you get your mail through an exchange server and your company uses a BES you need the higher. If not, the lower

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:27 PM
    Thank you for the quick replies! This info really helps a lot.
    06-29-09 10:30 PM
    So, if you are on a family plan do you simply add an additional 30 dollars to the blackberry line?
    06-29-09 10:58 PM
    You can most likely still get your company email on the BIS plan as long as they don't have a BES server.
    06-29-09 11:01 PM
    If my company uses outlook web access, do you know if that is BES or BIS? I would like to save the $$ if I can!

Is that the only difference? Can I stream music and what not just the same on either BIS or BES?
    06-29-09 11:16 PM
    If my company uses outlook web access, do you know if that is BES or BIS? I would like to save the $$ if I can!

Is that the only difference? Can I stream music and what not just the same on either BIS or BES?
    You could get by on BIS. Even if you can get push email from your company (which you MAY be able to) you can still access the web client thru the BB browser, OR set up mail forwarding to a gmail, or yahoo mail. And streaming Pandora, or Slacker would work fine and access is unlimited.
    06-29-09 11:20 PM
    now about the BIS plan, my main email account is the one from my school. It is a part of google mail, but it doesn't end with @gmail.com, it ends with @fullerton.edu. So does that mean I would have to have the BES plan to have my emails pushed to my future Tour? It didn't work on my Storm, that was for sure.
    06-29-09 11:26 PM
    Do both plans allow tethering a computer through the phone?
    06-29-09 11:29 PM
    Neither allow Tethering without a $$ Charge from Verizon.
    06-29-09 11:32 PM
    Google Mail works with BIS. Also, it would have worked with your Storm.

And because I've had three glasses of wine and have the day off tomorrow: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and Email Account Setup
    i know google mail does, but it wouldnt allow my school email to work. I had figured because maybe the school operates it as some enterprise server? I figure it would be best to ask the IT at my school about this?
    06-29-09 11:48 PM
    now about the BIS plan, my main email account is the one from my school. It is a part of google mail, but it doesn't end with @gmail.com, it ends with @fullerton.edu. So does that mean I would have to have the BES plan to have my emails pushed to my future Tour? It didn't work on my Storm, that was for sure.
    My school is like that also. It ends in a colstate.edu but goes through gmail aswell. Im able to recieve my mail flawlessly...
    06-29-09 11:52 PM
    My school is like that also. It ends in a colstate.edu but goes through gmail aswell. Im able to recieve my mail flawlessly...
    fml. I'll figure it out once i get the Tour. No use in sulking over it -_-
    06-29-09 11:58 PM
    Your school simply has an agreement with google for the educational email addresses. It operates no differently than a standard gmail account.
    06-30-09 12:01 AM
    Your school simply has an agreement with google for the educational email addresses. It operates no differently than a standard gmail account.
    alright, sounds good. I'll set this up when I get my tour, my enV needs to be retired. Thanks for all the help though everyone!
    06-30-09 12:07 AM
    I feel I should chime in hear for a second. I too have a school email address among the 6 on the device. Ending in @students.uwf.edu or something to that effect. The BIS system is great at figuring everything out for you when you have a new email address to mate with the device. I've never had a problem. People I know with different devices have had problems and are surprised when I can register their account on my phone in a matter of seconds/minutes. Haha

Can't wait for the Tour. Have to see it in person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 12:38 AM
    I'm sorry, I just want to be clear as I am coming from a PDA WinMo Unlimited Data Plan. I'm just a student. The BIS plan would offer: Unlimited Data (to access the internet and whatever I want), and well, pretty much everything I normally do on my WinMo device. BES will only add corporate exchange server access. I can still use push Gmail and Google Sync on my phone. I should go with BIS? I'm sure this was covered in this thread, but like I said...just to be clear .
    06-30-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD