Ok my friend just got a Tour, I helped him set everything up, and upgraded him to 5.0 OS, he added his work number, and it duplicated itself almost 100 times, I had him go into the options and not allow duplicates and try it again, he added one person and it added it 40 times

So he calls BB tech support, she said she did a hard reset, he installed something on his computer where she had control over it? And then he took the battery out turned the phone on entered some ## code, it wiped the phone I assume, he said it took an hour and turned on as new..... BUT, he still has 5.0 os on it, so did they wipe the phone? And has anyone heard of the duplicate contacts before? Its never happened to me on any BB
    04-25-10 07:19 PM
    Was the 5.0 a beta? I never heard of it but with a beta anything can happen.
    04-25-10 07:28 PM
    I don't have a clue, and I'm not so sure that the tech necessarily does either... lol! I've called them many a time, and I swear sometimes they just have you keep trying things until *something* works. It may have simply been the combination of whatever your friend did that gave essentially a handheld wipe but preserved the new OS???
    04-25-10 07:30 PM
    Yea I have no clue about the OS being there, I'm completely stumped on that one. And yes this was the beta 484 I believe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 08:13 PM
    That is hot... a girl helping him out like that... I'd just sit there with a grin on my face...
    04-25-10 08:29 PM
    I had a big problem with duplicates when I tried using Google Sync. Almost every contact was duplicated anywhere from 2 to 6 times. And also some of them were out of order.
    04-25-10 09:37 PM
    Yes I did have that problem with Google Sync, I still have random duplicates . What do you use now?

Only thing is, he didn't do any sort of sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD