i have had my tour for about a month now and love everything about it but im wondering to all you 9630 users what are commen mistakes tht can be looked out for or prevented?
    05-24-10 09:54 AM
    Don't really know what you mean by 'mistakes'? Are you looking for weak points in the phone (such as the old trackball issues) or what?
    05-24-10 10:20 AM
    I have had my tour for about 4 months and haven't had any issues with it yet. The most common issue I have seen people have is trackballs that don't work correctly.
    05-24-10 11:28 AM
    I have problems with mms. Whenever I get a mms with music, the next time I get a text message or bbm, it plays that same music as an alert. Even if I had deleted the message with music. The music is not saved in my alert tones. It is the weird thing. I have to do a battery pullout.
    05-24-10 01:14 PM
    well everytime i "click" the menu button (blackberry icon) it keeps showing me the shortcut
    05-24-10 11:44 PM
    I have had a blackberry curve 8330, then went to a blackberry tour 9630 and each time i have had problems sending out picture mail. I have unlimited data plan with sprint. Now i have to take my refurbished tour to get service for there is no world globe ie internet and my 1exv is lower case instead of upper case. This happens alot so there for some thing must be wrong with there system. I am getting fed up with sprint. i was on phone with tech support and have not rectify the issue. Now i have to take my blackberry in and have the tech call Advance tech support. I use my blackberry alot and this is an inconvenience to me for i will be without a phone while they working on it. Please don't forget i love my blackberry and am not bashing them. Now i am toldi will be getting anoher rfurbished tour once again. not even a week fom the time i got my last one.
    Last edited by websterzx10r1; 05-25-10 at 04:38 PM.
    05-25-10 06:14 AM
    I have problems with mms. Whenever I get a mms with music, the next time I get a text message or bbm, it plays that same music as an alert. Even if I had deleted the message with music. The music is not saved in my alert tones. It is the weird thing. I have to do a battery pullout.
    Its only a bug in the VZW .591 build. Easily fixed with a software upgrade/downgrade... EVERYONE has been talking about this for a month on here...
    05-25-10 09:19 AM
    I picked up my new blackberry tour 9630, and installed os 5.0.0.624 so far all is good.
    05-28-10 05:30 AM
    no problems at all. ive had mine for almost a year. the trackball works great. i have the .643 os and everything is fine.
    05-28-10 01:04 PM
    i have had mine for about 3 months it has been running quick i wouldn't say an os is a draw back because there are perfectly fine running os you just need to think about which one will work best for you.
    05-28-10 02:16 PM
    Most of the reported problems on the 9630 aren't something you can really prevent.
    05-28-10 02:18 PM
    Sometimes my laser death ray will freeze my phone and i have to do a battery pull!!!!!!!!!
    05-29-10 12:13 AM
    Yup! Thats a problem with alot of the Tours.. Hopefully when OS 6.0 comes out they'll fix that glitch...
    05-29-10 10:36 AM
    Random Rebooting. Seems to be a problem with phones software. Doesn't seem to matter on the OS(4.7 or 5.0) or APPS or no APPS installed. Just got off the phone with Sprint CS, new phone in route.
    05-29-10 09:23 PM
    Random Rebooting. Seems to be a problem with phones software. Doesn't seem to matter on the OS(4.7 or 5.0) or APPS or no APPS installed. Just got off the phone with Sprint CS, new phone in route.
    I'm wondering if this is just a Sprint issue. My friend has the tour through Sprint and has been experiencing this a lot lately. She also notices the red led will blink but when shegoes to check there are no new notifications and then the phone randomly reboots.
    05-31-10 02:57 PM
    Ive had a tour for about 9 months and for the most part it is good. I do have an issue with the bluetooth not turning on sometimes.
    05-31-10 03:36 PM
    Alerts got "fixed" with 5.0 but there still seem to be random problems, particularly IN HOLSTER. My Tour, after the upgrade to OS 5.0, is much better and essentially no problems, except I can't get a PIN notification if IN HOLSTER. I use BerryBuzz and I get the LED color alert, but no vibration or sound if in holster. Every other alert seems to be working fine. And I"m told there are random alert problems known in holster.
    06-01-10 08:28 PM
    I have problems with uploading new apps, makes the mail box not work. Then I do a battery pull, and the emails still don't show up in the inbox. I have to call vzw. They have made me do a full wipe. Now it seems ok. But it was a pain in the *** for awhile. I have the .591 version. Where can I find the newer one?
    06-02-10 12:32 AM
    My biggest issue was the Bluetooth not connecting from time to time. however I upgraded to the newest OS and that has seemed to help

Good Luck
    06-02-10 07:17 AM
    Recv'd my reburb Tour yesterday. One thing I can say is, when i do a manual reboot, it does it in 4 min now instead of 8-10min as before.
    06-02-10 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD