It seems that the Tour's bezel will indeed be a bright silver rather than a darker gun metal like previously reported.

How easy might it be to swap that out for an aftermarket one that's a dark gun metal, or even black like the Onyx's?

I have to say, I love the look of the Tour, but the Onyx looks so much more sleek and less tacky without the bright bling of the chrome sticking out.
    06-19-09 06:40 AM
    Actually, all the Verizon branded Tours look like they have the darker bezel to me. Anyway, I'm sure we'll be seeing third-party bezels coming soon from vendors like ColorWare and cnn.cn
    06-19-09 07:18 AM
    Customization comes to the world of the BB, just give it a lil time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:40 AM
    Im not really mad at the silver bezel. My Tour will rock a silicon case anyway, so the bezel isnt much of a factor.
    06-19-09 10:35 AM
    I don't think the tour will be released with a darker bezel, I think that that's something you'll have to customized yourself, but I would prefer the darker one to the lighter one.
    06-19-09 01:25 PM
    they're never swappable quickly like some toy or something
    usually involves voiding the warranty
    and cnn.cn and such stores will have something soon after the releases
    heck they had take apart videos of phones before the phone was released
    06-19-09 01:27 PM
    Sure that bezels will be available in the dark chrome as well as black shortly after release.
    06-19-09 01:31 PM
    If you send your phone to colorware do they take the phone apart to paint it, or do they do it while its on the rest of the phone? I'd much rather have a black/dark chrome bezel, but I don't want to void my warranty.....ugh
    06-19-09 01:44 PM
    you can probably order after market bezels no problem.. they did with the storm..

on another note I use a case so the bezel wont even be visible more then likely on mine
    06-19-09 03:50 PM
    o man o man to black out this phone would be sick...something about the all black just gets me!
    06-19-09 05:41 PM
    If you send your phone to colorware do they take the phone apart to paint it, or do they do it while its on the rest of the phone? I'd much rather have a black/dark chrome bezel, but I don't want to void my warranty.....ugh
    i agree, voiding the warranty is what would stop me as well.
    06-19-09 06:17 PM
    how impossible is it to get those warranty stickers that cover one of the screws?
    06-19-09 06:49 PM
    from colorware:

If my product stops working, what do I do with it? Do I contact ColorWare or the original manufacturer?
    Any product customized by ColorWare is covered under a ColorWare warranty, and should be sent to ColorWare for service, repair, or replacement as needed. For more information on the warranty and warranty services, please see the Service & Support Section.

Will the repairs cost me anything?
    The standard ColorWare product warranty covers all costs for regular hardware failure within the warranty period listed in your original purchase order. Accidental damages are not covered and any parts related to accidental damage repairs will be at cost to the customer

Also relevant to your interests is this link:
    ColorWare
    Last edited by paultyler_82; 06-20-09 at 03:50 AM.
    06-20-09 03:46 AM
    from colorware:

If my product stops working, what do I do with it? Do I contact ColorWare or the original manufacturer?
    Any product customized by ColorWare is covered under a ColorWare warranty, and should be sent to ColorWare for service, repair, or replacement as needed. For more information on the warranty and warranty services, please see the Service & Support Section.

Will the repairs cost me anything?
    The standard ColorWare product warranty covers all costs for regular hardware failure within the warranty period listed in your original purchase order. Accidental damages are not covered and any parts related to accidental damage repairs will be at cost to the customer

Also relevant to your interests is this link:
    ColorWare

it does matter how much your willing to risk or if your paying a insurance charge..

but they do supply a nice warranty for those that are wanting this really badly...
    06-20-09 02:51 PM
    My dark frame Tour was built not too long ago, and the chromed one was built a couple of months before the other one.

06-20-09 04:57 PM
    My dark frame Tour was built not too long ago, and the chromed one was built a couple of months before the other one.

Do you think you might be able to post some better photos of the darker one? I've seen some of the videos you have, but the quality isn't the greatest, so it's hard to tell just how dark it really is due to the lighting.
    06-20-09 09:48 PM
    I don't think the tour will be released with a darker bezel, I think that that's something you'll have to customized yourself, but I would prefer the darker one to the lighter one.
    agreed 100%
    06-21-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD