I've been complaining about my decrepit work phone for a couple of months. Today they replaced it with a 9630. Very nice, thank you!

But I already have one. Now I have TWO. One on Verizon and one on Sprint, both with unlimited everything.

I have two kids, 10 and 15. I've never seen such evil contempt in their eyes.

I suppose if Verizon goes down in the next earthquake, like they tend to do, then I'm set with a plan 'B'. But realistically, what can a person do with two of these things? I even offered to let them link my business stuff to my personal device. No, not allowed.
    09-28-09 11:15 PM
    take over the world!!!
    09-28-09 11:21 PM
    maaaan, that is luuuucky!

have one filled w apps and music.

the other one for whatever, email and stuff
    09-29-09 12:16 AM
    sell it?!?! then buy your kids something nice?
    09-29-09 12:36 AM
    Use your work phone responsibly.

Test betas on your personal phone.

win win
    09-29-09 02:59 AM
    sell it?!?! then buy your kids something nice?
    But I really need to keep my personal stuff off the corporate network. I wish there was a way to partition the device so I could do that with some privacy, but it really can't be done.

Plus, my kids drive me nuts with the constant tick-tick-tick-tick-tick of their texting anyway, I can't imagine either of them with a full blown data plan to toy with.
    09-29-09 09:39 AM
    I had two BB's for awhile, I still used one for work and one for personal. I'm not doing anything scandalous, but I still wanted privacy from my place of employment.
    09-29-09 09:52 AM
    Just use your work phone for everything. Leve your personal one in the box.
    09-29-09 09:57 AM
    I've been complaining about my decrepit work phone for a couple of months. Today they replaced it with a 9630. Very nice, thank you!

But I already have one. Now I have TWO. One on Verizon and one on Sprint, both with unlimited everything.

I have two kids, 10 and 15. I've never seen such evil contempt in their eyes.

I suppose if Verizon goes down in the next earthquake, like they tend to do, then I'm set with a plan 'B'. But realistically, what can a person do with two of these things? I even offered to let them link my business stuff to my personal device. No, not allowed.
    Use them both. I surely would not want my personal things going through their BES where they could potentially use any of it against you for whatever reason (improper use of company equipment, etc). Even if every personal conversation and email is completely innocent/harmless I wouldn't want to give an employer the opportunity to get involved in my personal business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:26 PM
    Use them both. I surely would not want my personal things going through their BES where they could potentially use any of it against you for whatever reason (improper use of company equipment, etc). Even if every personal conversation and email is completely innocent/harmless I wouldn't want to give an employer the opportunity to get involved in my personal business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, you are exactly right. And they do vacuum up everything and analyze it. I've heard that the inside folks literally have keystroke analysis reports sent to their management every week. Thank God I work from my home office! Separate computer, MY firewall, etc.

I think I'll disable the GPS chip on board too, unless they figured a way to lock that.

So that's it. It's a privacy issue. Not an Uber-Geek flashing belt bling.
    09-29-09 01:09 PM
    But I really need to keep my personal stuff off the corporate network. I wish there was a way to partition the device so I could do that with some privacy, but it really can't be done.
    Ahh, but there is: VMware Mobile Virtualization Platform!
    09-29-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD