What in the heck am I missing? Why is there all this talk of wanting a higher OS? I am running .419 now, and have not found a single reason to load a different OS. This one runs just perfectly. Am I missing out on something? All the other OS discussion that I see is about this doesn't work, or this is missing, or whatever. Why in the heck are you messing with this stuff? Find one that works good, and just leave it be.
    06-03-10 11:51 AM
    What in the heck am I missing? Why is there all this talk of wanting a higher OS? I am running .419 now, and have not found a single reason to load a different OS. This one runs just perfectly. Am I missing out on something? All the other OS discussion that I see is about this doesn't work, or this is missing, or whatever. Why in the heck are you messing with this stuff? Find one that works good, and just leave it be.
    Exactly. You're not missing anything.

I've been running .591, and I haven't had any problems... Maybe the browser click issue, but that's it...
    06-03-10 11:56 AM
    419 does have the SMS glitch if you use SMS enough where it merges SMS messages from multiple people into one contact's thread.

I've been using the 5.0.0.643 leak which has been the closest I've seen yet to being flawless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 12:50 PM
    419 does have the SMS glitch if you use SMS enough where it merges SMS messages from multiple people into one contact's thread.

I've been using the 5.0.0.643 leak which has been the closest I've seen yet to being flawless.

+1

I run 643 and don't have a single complaint.
    06-03-10 12:56 PM

I have never run into this issue. I average about 12 thousand SMS each month. Weird.
    06-03-10 03:16 PM
    I have never run into this issue. I average about 12 thousand SMS each month. Weird.
    Very weird. I send maybe 100 sms/month and experienced it once on .419.

On the plus side, it seems to be working for you, so if you're happy, there's no compelling reason to switch. I switched for that reason, and just to see how other OS versions really are.

I figure it takes maybe 30 min to backup, wipe, and reinstall a different OS, so there's really no harm in trying.

06-03-10 05:10 PM
    +1

I am in the same boat .643
    06-03-10 06:25 PM
    419 worked great for me as does 643. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Unless you have OS leak/hybrid fever like many of us.

06-03-10 08:24 PM
    Many of us have a subconscious need to experiment and try things for ourselves also. One of these days I'll try my hand at making my own hybrids vs using some of the others' for no reason other than to learn more about it.

06-03-10 08:43 PM
    What you are missing is that geeks are geeks!! They/we are not happy if we aren't tweaking something. Come on, now!!!

Luv ya, HF!!!
    06-03-10 08:51 PM
    12,000 text messages a month! That's insane. You must have a lot of friends. I thought my wife texted a lot and she averages about 1500 a month. She has nothing on you.

06-04-10 11:47 PM
    What you are missing is that geeks are geeks!! They/we are not happy if we aren't tweaking something. Come on, now!!!

Luv ya, HF!!!
    Well put!!! I think I love my Tour more for tweaking than actually using it...LOL. When ever a new leak or hybrid hits my bbOSalert, I can't get home fast enough to see what the scoop is on it. You just can't beat a BB I tell you... why didn't I switch years ago???
    06-04-10 11:57 PM
    Heres something to "tweak"...add wifi to my tour!!! Joking..I'm actually runnig the Sprint .484 on my verizon Tour and I LOVE IT! I have tried all od the OS's and its the only 1 for me WITHOUT the browser click issue....just putting that out there
    06-05-10 09:00 AM
    Heres something to "tweak"...add wifi to my tour!!! Joking..I'm actually runnig the Sprint .484 on my verizon Tour and I LOVE IT! I have tried all od the OS's and its the only 1 for me WITHOUT the browser click issue....just putting that out there
    .643 and .662 had click issues for you? That's odd if that's the case...

06-05-10 02:56 PM

Luv ya, HF!!!
    I know what you mean about the geek part of it. I just hate having to redo everything after a wipe and install. I guess I just really like .419.

12,000 text messages a month! That's insane. You must have a lot of friends. I thought my wife texted a lot and she averages about 1500 a month. She has nothing on you.

Yep. I am averaging about 12,000 a month. This will be the first month this year that I don't clear 10,000. My high is 15,520 I think it was. That is incoming and outgoing, but still....
    06-05-10 05:44 PM
    I've been running .591, and I haven't had any problems . Good luck for you
    06-06-10 08:51 AM
    Yep. I am averaging about 12,000 a month. This will be the first month this year that I don't clear 10,000. My high is 15,520 I think it was. That is incoming and outgoing, but still....
    I thought only teenage girls did that!!
    06-06-10 11:13 AM
    I thought only teenage girls did that!!
    What can I say, I am a gossip girl.
    06-06-10 12:16 PM
    Exactly. You're not missing anything.

I've been running .591, and I haven't had any problems... Maybe the browser click issue, but that's it...

I have the browser click too I think....I have .591 and while trying to click on a link w/ my trackball I must do it 3,4,5 or more times to try to go to the next screen - I try the enter key sometimes too but that does not work either.

is there a patch or something to fix this annoying problem?

LOVE this site btw !
    Last edited by Private Island; 06-06-10 at 02:49 PM.
    06-06-10 02:45 PM
    I have the browser click too I think....I have .591 and while trying to click on a link w/ my trackball I must do it 3,4,5 or more times to try to go to the next screen - I try the enter key sometimes too but that does not work either.

is there a patch or something to fix this annoying problem?

LOVE this site btw !
    There's no patch to fix it but you can install a different OS, like 5.0.0.643 which is known to be browser-click bug free. It's the best OS I've used so far.

06-06-10 02:54 PM
    +1

Same here. I'm loving .643
    06-06-10 03:45 PM
    So I upgraded to v5.0.0.732 and am hoping this does the trick for the trackball click failure.
    06-17-10 10:34 AM
    What can I say, I am a gossip girl.
    I had to go check mine, just to see how many I usually use in a month, for comparison... I range at right around 5000. And I bbm more than I text. I must be a gossipy girl too, lol.
    06-17-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD