I have insurance through Verizon. What if something happens to my phone and I have to send it in and it has a leaked 5.0 hybrid and white housing? Think that would void the insurance? Is there a way to void the insurance? I looked around at the website and found nothing. The insurance is Asurion.
    12-02-09 11:09 PM
    That would not void the insurance. You would typically void your insurance if you intentionally caused damage or loss to the device.
    12-02-09 11:44 PM
    I'd think (but only my opinion) the changed housing might void the insurance. You have tampered with the device but it really does depend on what the policy says in lawyerish. You might consider changing it back before any kind of claim. I don't think the os is that big a deal for insurance.
    12-03-09 09:52 AM
    I probably will keep my old casing. Also, I might use BBsak to wipe the phone.
    12-03-09 10:44 AM
    Changing the housing voids the warranty from what I have read both here and on suppliers of the housing.
    12-03-09 10:57 AM
    Yes, it voids the WARRANTY but it doesn't void the INSURANCE.
    12-03-09 12:19 PM
    • It can happen to you: 60 million phones are lost, stolen or damaged each year
    • Without insurance, the average cost of replacing your phone is $300!
    • Our coverage protects you from phone loss, theft and damage (even water damage)
    • We offer fast, easy replacement with overnight shipping to any address you choose
    • International replacement options available

I would think it would apply to insurance as well, but then again you don't know until you try.
    12-03-09 12:36 PM
    I was just curious. Whatever where to happen with it I will always keep the old housing and switch is back before I mailed in it. What do you guys think though about an updated leaked/hybrid OS. What if they found that, think that would 'void' the insurance?
    12-03-09 01:50 PM
    the leaked or hybrid os wont mess with insurance or manufacturer warranty, reload the old os and no one would recognize a different. your all good
    12-03-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD