Agreed, you're still within in 30 days, tell him you want an exchange immediately..

If you got the Tour in-store on the 12th, your 30 day window expires in 3 days.. Sounds like a delay move, or someone who was lazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tell him you want an exchange immediately.....yea....that will work. This is how it will play out...cust: I want this phone exchanged now!! rep: Sir your phone does not really have any issues with it, dropped calls happen and it may not have been your phone dropping them. cust: But i was dumb and paid full retail like a whiney ***** because I can't wait for upgrades to be available! rep: tough, leave now please. END
    08-10-09 01:37 AM
    So went into the store to try getting a phone that does not have a loose battery door; does not have connection problems ( was going from 1XEV to 1xev); did not drop calls ( I had two dropped yesterday where I can see the tower out the window). And the result!? Nothing, he said he" has been doing this for 9 years, all blackberry's have loose doors, every time someone drops a call they think its the phone and expectations have become unreasonable. And switching from 1XEV to 1xev just happens and there's nothing to do about that even though that means you won't be receiving you emails or bbm's "

Is this what I should have expected?

Guess ill reply to cs, they told me to go into the store, because I should be satisfied. Considering I paid for this phone out of contract I think it should be perfect paying over $500 to the verizon store

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The switching from 1XEV to 1xev to 1x is a normal occurance on blackberrys, my curve did it all the time and so does my tour and I still get emails and bbm's no matter which one it is on. You've only had 2 dropped calls, that is nothing some dropped calls will happen EVERYONE experiences them at some point or another and a lot of it can be due to your location, you may see a tower, but you are not nessecarily pulling a signal from that tower, it may not even be a verizon tower. The loose battery door, that one is subject to the person inspecting the phone, some wiggle on a battery door is normal as my curve had that slightly, so that is the only actual grievance you have a chance of getting the phone replaced with.
    08-10-09 01:46 AM
    The switching from 1XEV to 1xev to 1x is a normal occurance on blackberrys, my curve did it all the time and so does my tour and I still get emails and bbm's no matter which one it is on. You've only had 2 dropped calls, that is nothing some dropped calls will happen EVERYONE experiences them at some point or another and a lot of it can be due to your location, you may see a tower, but you are not nessecarily pulling a signal from that tower, it may not even be a verizon tower. The loose battery door, that one is subject to the person inspecting the phone, some wiggle on a battery door is normal as my curve had that slightly, so that is the only actual grievance you have a chance of getting the phone replaced with.
    Maybe you think this is my first cell phone/blackberry. Its not. They asked me to calls cs, once I got to work I did and guess what? Just this morning It dropped both times after they answered it and were pulling up the notes on my account. They looked at how many dropped calls I had and said that it does seem excessive. They are sending me a new phone. Maybe your 1x switches around and all your feature still work, but they do not for me. I have to reset the radio or the phone to get it working. I also had a curve, never had the issue of it leaving from 1XEV.

Hopefully my next one works good.
    08-10-09 01:36 PM
    1/2 a grand for a phone? Better be perfect!
    amen
    with great cs if needed
    08-10-09 02:42 PM
    Tell him you want an exchange immediately.....yea....that will work. This is how it will play out...cust: I want this phone exchanged now!! rep: Sir your phone does not really have any issues with it, dropped calls happen and it may not have been your phone dropping them. cust: But i was dumb and paid full retail like a whiney ***** because I can't wait for upgrades to be available! rep: tough, leave now please. END
    wow, are you kidding me?
    08-10-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah when you put it like that.. Half a grand is a lot
    08-10-09 03:16 PM

WOW.. guess what? I did not whine at all. That was you guys that did not even want to pay 199 for it with an upgrade. I sold my old phone and bought this one. You do not need to be jealous that I paid full price for it. You can mind your own
    08-10-09 03:20 PM
    I bought mine full retail when it first came out since then Ive dropped it 5 times on concrete got a few battle wounds but still runs like a champ would be to afraid to exchange it and get one of these lemons everyone talks about!
    08-10-09 05:44 PM
    I bought mine full retail when it first came out since then Ive dropped it 5 times on concrete got a few battle wounds but still runs like a champ would be to afraid to exchange it and get one of these lemons everyone talks about!
    Well hopefully I get one like yours.. is it a mexico one or canada
    08-10-09 10:41 PM
    When you exchange your phone, do you have to repurchase any apps you've already bought?
    Typically you would need to just contact the developer or if you shop at MobiHand (or affiliate site here) then you can change your PIN number and allow you to transfer the apps to the new Tour. The only time you should be out any money is when you want the same app you purchased for a Storm and then got a Tour, that is a developer question and I find most willing to help. It never hurts to ask.
    08-11-09 08:22 AM
    I would call Customer Service (if you haven't already) and discuss the situation with them. My experience is they will do what they can, the key is being polite and its no excuse for retails reps treating people like idiots but I also see how many idiots go into the store and demand things. Give it a try.
    08-11-09 08:24 AM
    wow, a dropped call using Verizon?
    signal issues?

Thought that didn't happen with VZ?

Bummer
    08-11-09 08:44 AM
    I had a similar experience last night.. my 2nd tour still won't scroll right, and the head phone jack doesn't work. Plus the battery cover.. but I can deal with that.

The in store rep flat out refused to swap the phone and suggested wiping the os and starting over. When I asked how that would resolve the head phone issue he said it won't. So I'm supposed to suck it up and just not use that feature? His response was that he was sorry, there was nothing he could do. And then had the b**ls to say is there anything else I can help you with? Well.. you haven't helped yet..

Went home, got on the horn with Customer Services.. Tricia bent over backwards to help me out.. even went as far as sending a note to the store manager. Current Tour is on the fedEx truck, new tour will be shipped this afternoon.

I'll skip the basement dwellers in the store from now on.
    08-11-09 09:56 AM
    This is exactly why I left Verizon, they just keep shuffling you all over the place. I replaced my Tour at the local Sprint store last week, they got a brand new one out of the box, (they even let me take the holster and home charger, so now I have 2 of each), let me check it out to make sure it was ok, and then I was on my way. I keep hearing people complain about the Sprint customer service, but I have had nothing buy awesome experiences. Verizon customer service sucks, that is why they lost my business account after 5 years with them.
    08-11-09 10:16 AM
    I had a similar experience last night.. my 2nd tour still won't scroll right, and the head phone jack doesn't work. Plus the battery cover.. but I can deal with that.

The in store rep flat out refused to swap the phone and suggested wiping the os and starting over. When I asked how that would resolve the head phone issue he said it won't. So I'm supposed to suck it up and just not use that feature? His response was that he was sorry, there was nothing he could do. And then had the b**ls to say is there anything else I can help you with? Well.. you haven't helped yet..

Went home, got on the horn with Customer Services.. Tricia bent over backwards to help me out.. even went as far as sending a note to the store manager. Current Tour is on the fedEx truck, new tour will be shipped this afternoon.

I'll skip the basement dwellers in the store from now on.
    You should leave a comment on Planet Feedback. There is no excuse for such crappy customer service. VZW is really starting to lose the edge that is has over AT&T in this area.
    08-11-09 10:33 AM
    WOW.. guess what? I did not whine at all. That was you guys that did not even want to pay 199 for it with an upgrade. I sold my old phone and bought this one. You do not need to be jealous that I paid full price for it. You can mind your own
    Yes color me jealous because I save $300 on my phone.
    08-11-09 01:37 PM
    Yes color me jealous because I save $300 on my phone.
    As I said, no whining came from my end... you can keep your pointless opinion out of here.

And FYI, I did not get your scenario when I talked to cs. I described my problems accurately and she said "wow its just being a real pain I wouldn't recommend keeping that particular device either"
    08-12-09 12:12 AM
    have you received your new tour yet? If so how is that one treating you?
    New one is better as far as connectivity.. Kind of sluggish compared to the other one. I still get the I cant hear you and fine myself repeating what I am saying quite often
    08-21-09 01:17 AM
    I would march right back into that store and demand them to replace it.

If you pay for $500 for a phone, it damm well better be perfect!
    That's the attitude!!!!

Here's a secret...........paying 500 dollars for a phone doesn't give anyone anymore right then someone who paid two year agreement price.
    08-21-09 06:55 AM
    I'm on my third Tour, got it yesterday. Exchanged the first one for trackball issues and had no problem doing it. The second one developed the same issue, so I called Verizon CS and was told that any replacement they sent would be a refurb, since I was still in my 30-day window I should swap it at the store. I took it to the store where I purchased it, where I was told it was a known issue and the "current fix" was to set the horizontal scroll to a higher sensitivity, and the guy did that while I stood there. Not as good as a new phone, but I'll deal.

Yesterday the media card developed some issues, and the trackball "fix" was not a true fix, so I called VZW again. I was given the same advice, but was told that there was a software fix available (?) if I wanted to talk to tech support, or I could swap it at a store, again within my 30-days. I took it to a different store during lunch, this time an authorized retailer, not a true VZW store. At first they didn't want to swap it, in fact the note on my account stated I had been advised of trying a software fix before swapping (which isn't exactly what I was told). Eventually the guy broke down and got manager approval for the swap. The new unit is ok, trackball works fine so far, but still have a loose batter door. I can live with that I suppose...but I hope if the trackball develops issues it happens before my 30 days run out at the end of the month.
    08-21-09 10:23 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD