well guys for the last year i been a iphone nut till i add up how much i paid a year for it
    so today i went out and go a new tour.
    what apps should i get for it.
    what do i need to know this my first black berry and plz dont send me to the 101 site i am a i t student and i do enought reading and that place gave me a head ack lol.

so far i like it i set my emails up and update to the new softward

any adive would be great
    09-22-09 11:20 PM
    Well, welcome to the BB community. As far as apps go, you can always start out with the free apps and see what you like there. Just goto m.crackberry.com from your Tour and click on the link that says "Free BlackBerry Apps Directory". You can also head over to the themes forum and download a few of the themes to give your BB a more customized interface. Anyways, enjoy Mr. IT student
    09-22-09 11:26 PM
    You won't find as many apps as there are on the iPhone. There are a lot of good ones though.

You should have Blackberry App World installed on your device. Search that, that's a good place to start.

Also try Crackberry's Mobile Shop (app download): http://crackberry.com/appstore

Personally, Here's some of what I use:

Google Maps
    Smart Guard
    BerryWeather
    UberTwitter
    09-22-09 11:26 PM
    yeah i know i wont find as many apps at the iphone but the iphone got boring and never want to send text for me so i had enought i was ready to jump up and down on it haha.

as for the free apps i will take a look around

how do i find the app world?
    09-22-09 11:29 PM
    Yes, Blackberries have advantages, though you may not like the texting .

Here is their online store:

BlackBerry App World - Home

See the logo? The Black circle with a silver bezel and the menu button icon in it? Look for that on your device, it may be in a folder.
    09-22-09 11:37 PM
    My favorite Apps that are most practical for me (not in any order):

Facebook
    Google Maps (delete the native blackberry maps and just use google maps)
    Scoremobile--sports schedules/scores/rankings/lines etc
    Poynt--search businesses, people, movies, restaurants, and map em
    Bolt Browser--for loading pages that native browser doesn't which is few
    Weatherbug
    Google Sync---Syncs contacts and calendar if you have a gmail account
    Berrybuz---lets you take full control of all your profiles and change LED notification color differently for each
    09-22-09 11:45 PM
    grrrr my myspace is goneeee and i just hit instal then poofed wtfff man

also where can i get theams for this thing
    09-23-09 03:14 AM
    grrrr my myspace is goneeee and i just hit instal then poofed wtfff man

also where can i get theams for this thing
    Scroll down when it shows all the different forums, there is one down towards the bottom for themes. Once in there, choose 9630 themes.
    09-23-09 05:38 AM
    Student here too, this phone is grade for staying in contact with professors and others with email you'll love it.

As for apps, berry weather is the bomb, quick pull lite, WSJ reader, and ameritrade app to trade with( if your a business student)
    09-23-09 06:46 AM
    Check out CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps

i use Poynt a lot!

i enjoy listening to Slacker Radio

BerryBuzz is useful!

BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customize the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.

It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.

Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 07:02 AM
    I just got my tour and am coming from an iphone also. I left verizon for the iphone but am now back because of verizons good coverage. I love the iphone but the tour is great also.

09-23-09 07:25 AM
    well guys for the last year i been a iphone nut till i add up how much i paid a year for it
    what do i need to know this my first black berry and plz dont send me to the 101 site i am a i t student and i do enought reading and that place gave me a head ack lol.

any adive would be great
    I pray for your career in IT that your native language is not English. "Head ack"

09-23-09 07:51 AM
    welcome to the club!!!

you will love the Tour! Obviously not as many apps as the Iphone has, but there are many useful apps for the Blackberry
    09-23-09 08:15 AM
    Welcome! This is my first BB as well, and I did a lot of searching for useful apps. Here some of my favs:

• YouMail - free visual voice mail
    • Opera Mini 5 - good alt web browser, though the default is good too
    • Facebook
    • Poynt - search for people, business, movies, etc. based on your location
    • edocrab - barcode scanner, product lookup & review
    • TFLNBerry - Texts From Last Night app
    • Google Maps
    • MeterBerry - memory & battery stats, reset w/out pulling battery
    • Start Me Up - set what apps automatically start after a reset
    • LaunchPad - create custom launchers for websites, phone#s, emails, and sms

I use all of these on a regular basis (except for the last 2; those are more of a one-time setup thing). Have fun!
    09-23-09 09:58 AM
    Score mobile and ESPN are good for sports stuff!
    09-23-09 10:01 AM
    My favorite Apps that are most practical for me (not in any order):

Facebook
    Google Maps (delete the native blackberry maps and just use google maps)
    Scoremobile--sports schedules/scores/rankings/lines etc
    Poynt--search businesses, people, movies, restaurants, and map em
    Bolt Browser--for loading pages that native browser doesn't which is few
    Weatherbug
    Google Sync---Syncs contacts and calendar if you have a gmail account
    Berrybuz---lets you take full control of all your profiles and change LED notification color differently for each
    good recs. I also have:

Google Talk - obvious reasons
    Google Voice
    ArrSS - simple RSS reader
    Yelp - better than Poynt, but doesn't have movies and people
    Y! fantasy scores
    Google Sync - for calendar and contacts
    09-23-09 11:30 AM
    Beyond160 is an app that I definately suggest you get if you do long texting, because with an Iphone you don't have the 160 character limitation. You do with a CDMA phone like the Tour. Like others on this thread, I'd suggest you get...
    • a shortcut app like Quicklaunch or ShortcutMe

• a radio app like Pandora, Slacker, or IHeartRadio
    • a RSS reader like Google Reader, Arrss, or Viigo
    • a memory tracker like Meterberry or BBmem
    • a weather app like Berryweather, BB Weather, or Weathereye
    • a LED alert app like Berrybuzz or Buzzme Pro

• a visual voicemail app like YouMail or carrier-based Visual Voicemail

• and a fun theme like DashboardOne Tour or BBAmped, etc.

These types of applications make your device fun to use. I was a heavy Ipod Touch user before I got my first Blackberry, the Tour. Even with the trackball issues, as I got my Tour on the 2nd day of release, I still rarely use the Touch now because of cool apps and themes that are out there. One glaring difference between the iphone and the Tour that is very annoying is the viewing of HTML email. So, you may want to invest $30 in a Email viewer like Empower or risk the security of your device when you choose Get Images from your email menu. Peruse the boards and you'll see that a lot of users have their favorite apps in their signatures and you'll can try out those that interest you that you don't have.
    09-23-09 01:27 PM
    I just got my tour and am coming from an iphone also. I left verizon for the iphone but am now back because of verizons good coverage. I love the iphone but the tour is great also.

you may be going back to an iPhone once Verizon starts selling them.
    09-23-09 02:32 PM
    Welcome!

I highly recommend Quick Launch (QuickLaunch - Launch Apps, Web, Mail, SMS, Calls, Tilt Lock, Screenshot, Media, Reboot and more! - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store!). Along with a nice little weather indicator, you can have shortcuts to your favorite websites, contacts, app, etc. It's great. I use it all the time.

Go ahead and download App World, along with CrackBerry's App Store applications.

There are many popular GPS apps out there, I've tried a few. I suggest Poynt, it has a built in yellow pages search engine for you. Allowing you to call the search results, map them out, etc. Also organizes movies/theaters based on your location, movie trailers, reviews. h.e.ll of an app.

And for all out GPS maps, Google Maps. It's the best.

Everything besides those are on your personal needs. I am very happy with UberTwitter and ScoreMobile.
    09-23-09 02:44 PM
    Beyond160 is an app that I definately suggest you get if you do long texting, because with an Iphone you don't have the 160 character limitation. You do with a CDMA phone like the Tour. Like others on this thread, I'd suggest you get...
    • a shortcut app like Quicklaunch or ShortcutMe

• a radio app like Pandora, Slacker, or IHeartRadio
    • a RSS reader like Google Reader, Arrss, or Viigo
    • a memory tracker like Meterberry or BBmem
    • a weather app like Berryweather, BB Weather, or Weathereye
    • a LED alert app like Berrybuzz or Buzzme Pro

• a visual voicemail app like YouMail or carrier-based Visual Voicemail

• and a fun theme like DashboardOne Tour or BBAmped, etc.

These types of applications make your device fun to use. I was a heavy Ipod Touch user before I got my first Blackberry, the Tour. Even with the trackball issues, as I got my Tour on the 2nd day of release, I still rarely use the Touch now because of cool apps and themes that are out there. One glaring difference between the iphone and the Tour that is very annoying is the viewing of HTML email. So, you may want to invest $30 in a Email viewer like Empower or risk the security of your device when you choose Get Images from your email menu. Peruse the boards and you'll see that a lot of users have their favorite apps in their signatures and you'll can try out those that interest you that you don't have.
    Go Gators!
    09-23-09 02:47 PM

any adive would be great
    How much did the iPhone cost you?
    09-23-09 05:30 PM

any adive would be great
    Apps will be a little different. I found the Iphone apps to look more polished. That being said...everything else will work out great (well the exception being the Iphone browser which is awesome). Once you get the hang of the BB OS and the non restrictive nature of it compared to the iphone, you will love it. Remember...it is very customizable, although not so obvious that it is. Look in there forums for hints, do a search for the Tour manual in this forum and download it which will list every short cut key there is and just learn. Much more efficient than the Iphone.

As far as apps...I recommend Quicklaunch, BBalarms Pro, Berryweather and Berrybuzz.
    09-23-09 07:00 PM

any adive would be great
    Firstly, Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums and a Welcome from Myself (also a New Berry user).

What's it like now that you are on a network with...uhhh....what's it called....on the tip of my tongue....oh yeah service?
    09-25-09 04:44 AM
    Amazing Grace...

09-25-09 05:33 AM
    Berrybuzz is a paid app but well worth the money - if I was going to spend money on only one app, it'd be that one. Another good paid app is berryweather, the ui is quite nice.

As for free I use (and recommend)
    The score
    Businessweek
    Slacker radio
    Yelp
    Poynt
    Open table

Most can be found on crackberry or blackberry app world, but I think you can onlu get yelp by downloading it from their mobile site on your blackberry at m.yelp.com

09-25-09 07:39 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD