Was training another rep last week. He has the iphone 3gs. We were on the phone, emailing, texting, nearly the same all day. By lunch he was at 1/2 battery power. By 2pm he was in the red zone warning low battery! My Tour was at 95% full battery life.

I would get emails from our office immediately, his came 6 minutes later. Hummm...... At lunch we messed with each others phones. The iphone was super fast downloading wesites, maps or whatever. My Tour was like using dial up! Pathetic.

My Tour is solid as a rock for phone calls. He had issues all day. In fact, I started calling him "re-dial" because he was constantly dropping calls and having to call people back! Ugh!!! What a pain.

So at the end of the day, for my needs, I'm pretty happy with the Tour. I need a solid phone that works. I need great email and texting which I realized was much better on the Tour. I also could not deal with the FEAR of my battery constantly running down! UGH! Now I need RIM to wake up and get us a real browser and I will be thrilled.
    04-25-10 07:43 PM
    good for u
    04-25-10 07:47 PM
    i have to call bull****.... 95% after that much usage...but everything else seems to be correct
    04-25-10 07:53 PM
    i have to call bull****.... 95% after that much usage...but everything else seems to be correct
    I can see it. I get outstanding battery life on mine, and I use it heavily. Once it starts to drop though, it seems after 50%, it starts going pretty fast.
    04-25-10 09:45 PM
    i had the exact same problem. i opened my account with the 3GS love the device but the battery would barely make it through lunch - mind you i normally burn through one and resort to my second 9700 battery. Text and email was definitely inferior on the iPhone but that browser made it almost worth it.

Hopefully this webkit is released soon.

enjoy the tour, but remember the 3gs is still a great device. Both excel at their intentions.
    04-25-10 10:05 PM
    I'd say 95% is truthful answer. I use my berry all day long even when I don't have a red light blinking, i would still turn on the screen for no reason. By the end of the day I would have about 60% left and some days 80%.
    04-26-10 03:04 AM
    I'd say 95% is truthful answer. I use my berry all day long even when I don't have a red light blinking, i would still turn on the screen for no reason. By the end of the day I would have about 60% left and some days 80%.
    95% by 2P? Hard to imagine unless you made 1 call and maybe a couple of emails. That is 6 hours if the phone was charged at 8A. That calculates to 120 hours of battery life if the meter is linear. (recharge every 5 days?)
    04-26-10 08:38 AM
    I've had the same experience. My friend has an iPhone 3Gs, and he can not keep up with me. His iPhone never makes it through the day, while my BB Tour always makes it through the day with power to spare.
    There is a looong delay when he sends or receives email, while my email is like a jack-rabbit in comparison. Sometimes, he can't even tell if he has successful sent the email. I made a call on his iPhone and the call quality seems a little more clear on my Tour, but that could be that Sprint's network is better than AT&T's in that regard?
    But, yes, you are also correct that the web-browser on his iPhone is unquestionably superior. That's not enough to make me consider trading my BB Tour in for an iPhone, but the upcoming web-kit browser is very needed and will make me love my next BB even more.
    Last edited by IndePanda; 04-26-10 at 10:54 AM.
    04-26-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD