I went in to pick up a new storm today so I can have a nice mint condition one to sell for when I receive my tour next week, and to my surprise 3 of the Verizon reps had tours, and there was a dummy phone laying on the counter.

I played around with the dummy phone while I waited for my new Storm to be ready, and I must say. The device felt amazing in hand, the keyboard felt very comfortable to me. Overall just felt like a quality device, and I was surprised because I was holding a dummy phone. The battery cover is 10x better in person then it is in pictures and I loved it in pictures.

Just wanted to share my little experience with the Tour today. =)
    07-10-09 10:14 PM
    Thanks for sharing! I am still curious if I will like it or not. Its gonna have to be sick to take me from my pearl flip to be honest.
    07-10-09 10:15 PM
    Mmmm Can't wait to play with it myself! Two more days!
    07-10-09 10:16 PM
    Mmmm Can't wait to play with it myself! Two more days!
    Lucky you! Haha I won't be getting it until Tuesday/Wednesday at the earliest since I preorded, but I have a shore house with some friends all next week so I'm not exactly sure I'd want my brand new device with me hahaha.

I asked two of the reps at the store if I could see one of there's to see how the real one felt, but no luck..One was too busy texting away and sliding in and out of his pouch every 3 seconds, and the other kinda just was like were not supposed to let costumers see our phones.
    07-10-09 10:18 PM
    I went in to my local store to see if they had a demo out yet. They didn't but the manager hooked me up and got one out of the back and opened it up for me. Booted a little faster than my Storm but still far from fast. That screen is amazingly crisp. I watched the preloaded video that was on it. The keyboard is awesome! I loved the suretype on my pearl and hate the Storm's... this one is perfect! The form factor is nearly identical to the Storm but a little lighter. Looks great, feels great, types great... My Storm is up on eBay now. One of my family lines is eligible for an upgrade and I am going to use it if I can't convince a rep to hook me up.
    07-10-09 10:38 PM
    I'm going in tomorrow to see if I can get my hands on a demo, etc.
    Crossing my fingers! :P
    07-11-09 02:36 AM
    I asked if i could see a demo and they let me see the dummy phone with a look like they were doing me this huuuuge favor...feels great - converting after many years with a Treo so a but nervous but excited too
    07-11-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD