I just got my Tour yesterday and am LOVING it! Are there any special Tour-specific things I need to know, or tweaks to keep my phone running smoothly?

Thanks!
    11-19-09 11:23 AM
    If your really familiar with loading blackberry OS's, you'll want to upgrade your phone to the 5.0.0.230 that was posted here on crackberry a while back.
    11-19-09 11:28 AM
    Then load irtehun's hybrid on top of that and you will have a fast Tour.
    11-19-09 11:35 AM
    Start downloading all the apps u couldn't download on the curve due to lack of memory, the possibilities are endless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:27 PM
    Then load irtehun's hybrid on top of that and you will have a fast Tour.
    What does this mean? I like the speed of the phone, but it can go much faster? I'd like details on this please!
    11-19-09 12:45 PM
    I would go with the 4.7.1.61 update and just install BBM 5.0.0.33 on it. Much more stable than 5.0.0.230 in my mind. I've been running 4.7.1.61 for a couple weeks now and do not feel or see a huge difference in this and 5.0 os. I actually don't care for the threaded sms and prefer 4.7 sms. The BBM is a different story...do like the 5.0 version on that, but you can have that on 4.7 os and avoid freeze ups and other issues that 5.0 currently offers. Quicklaunch is a cool app but for me freezes up constantly on 5.0. This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with 4.7. I'm sure there will be multiple opinions on this but if someone knows how to fix quicklaunch from freezing on 5.0 please share
    11-19-09 02:59 PM
    What does this mean? I like the speed of the phone, but it can go much faster? I'd like details on this please!
    Yes, you can get a faster browsing speed and all around faster Tour with the hybrid installed. I can't see myself going back to 4.7 with all the lag and slower browsing...no thanks. If you want to read up on it and I suggest that you do, just do a search for "irtehun's hybrid". You can find it in the OS Hybrid section. He did a great job with it.
    11-19-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD