And I still have over a year on my "New Every 2" what now? EOL means no new apps, support for the device will eventually be nonexistant and now it basically feels as if I own a big ol' paperweight.

I had the urge for the Storm 2 when I upgraded originally, but decided on the Tour instead... Anyone else feel kinda jipped now?
    04-11-10 12:01 PM
    sort of, love the phone though, just hate this stupid *** hard rubber trackball, it hurts my damn finger when i push on it, i hear there's a sexy new soft rubber one, gonna roll into verizon and see if they hook it up
    04-11-10 12:08 PM
    I don't think end of life means no new apps in the short term. The only new apps that would not run on a Tour would be apps that required some feature of a newer OS than the Tour could run. That would severely limit the developers' market in the short term. So for the next six months to a year, I'd be surprised if end of life had any practical effect on existing users beyond making it unlikely that we'd get an OS upgrade.
    04-11-10 12:16 PM
    EOL does not mean no new apps. Developers will continue to make apps for the Tour. They still make them for other discontinued devices, don't they?

Mine doesn't feel like a paperweight. It feels like a great device that works and looks great. Just grab your favorite flavor of leaked/official/hybrid 5.0 and get happy.

I don't feel slighted. I feel like I got what I paid for.

Just because it is reaching EOL at VZW doesn't mean it has to end its life in your possession.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:17 PM
    Im just more fed up with RIM pulling this BS and coming out with pretty much the same phone every six months. I know its more for the money factor and its a real good way to **** the average consumer off.
    04-11-10 12:45 PM
    I don't agree with most of the posts in this thread. The Tour is not going to stop getting support just because it's discontinued. A lot of mobile devices don't last a year before getting discontinued.

Bottom line is that it's still a really great phone and this isn't a reason to panic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:56 PM
    So far I've seen every cellphone maker release average 2 or more products a year.. I really do not get why Tour users feel they are entitled to something... So what if it's an almost similar model.. Do you guys feel you're entitled to a new car every year because it's basically the same model just a few enhancements that they could have included in the previous model??.. Same thing with the Tour/Bold... I do not feel entitled or jipped in any way... I also doubt he phone will just be dropped like it never existed.. Total over-reaction IMO...
    Last edited by mike340t; 04-11-10 at 03:23 PM. Reason: logic
    04-11-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD