As of today my bb tour cannot connect to Sprint's data network. I can receive calls/texts but nothing else. After having it over 14 months with no TEP they are actually sending me another device, most likely a refurb tour, but my fingers are crossed for a bold. We shall see by 6pm tomorrow evening!
    03-02-11 12:46 PM
    So u basically got a free tour without insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 04:34 PM
    that is correct. it will be refurb of course. The guy said it was a "device issue" and since i didn't want to use my upgrade at this point in time, he is sending me one.
    03-02-11 04:42 PM
    I want to do that now haha how did you mess it up lol jk or did it just stop out of no were

03-02-11 05:23 PM
    I did a wipe using BBSAK and then a fresh install of .975. When I went to update my profile I kept getting errors. Everything worked but sending emails and the browser. Talked to Sprint tech support for an hour and they couldn't fix it. They offered to send another since it was the "device hardware". I didn't even complain or anything!!!

03-02-11 06:41 PM
    Really? Well I tried to downgrade n install .975 but I never could I'm not sure why but I just gave up. But thanks for the info I'm going to try to downgrade my phone again and if an error happens then I'm going to do what u did lol.

03-02-11 06:47 PM
    good luck to ya! there are plenty of install instructions on this site for a downgrade. I use BBSAK, then install the OS on the PC, delete vendor.xml file and then double-click loader.exe. That's all that's to it.
    03-02-11 06:56 PM
    Yea I know I did all that but I'm not sure what went wrong because I completed it and then I checked the OS on my phone to see if it worked but nothing but I just gave up n stayed with .1030. Its not that bad of a OS for me

03-02-11 09:56 PM
    Yea I know I did all that but I'm not sure what went wrong because I completed it and then I checked the OS on my phone to see if it worked but nothing but I just gave up n stayed with .1030. Its not that bad of a OS for me

.1030 didn't do anything for me. I use my own custom theme and the .1030 removed the lightning bolt during a charge. Also, bedtime mode gave me issues even with the fix. I find .975 for greater for the tour.
    03-03-11 10:56 AM
    My tour randomly started not charging in the middle of the night yesterday. I've been wiggeling the power chord, and can get a red light for a few seconds every now and then. I am well past the one year manufacturers warranty.. do you think Verizon would send me a refurb?
    03-03-11 12:20 PM
    My tour randomly started not charging in the middle of the night yesterday. I've been wiggeling the power chord, and can get a red light for a few seconds every now and then. I am well past the one year manufacturers warranty.. do you think Verizon would send me a refurb?
    it wouldn't hurt to call and find out. I think a couple other verizon customers received the bb bold and not a refurb tour. good luck!
    03-03-11 12:23 PM
    Should I call a local branch? or is there a better customer service line?
    03-03-11 12:26 PM
    Should I call a local branch? or is there a better customer service line?
    i would never call a local branch for anything, they are useless when it comes to tech support. They will give you your phone back in worse condition then what you gave.

Anyway... i am with sprint, but i would call the regualr verizon number and keep pushing buttoms for tech support. I spoke with only a tech guy and he made the decision to ship me a phone. I assume because tech guys know how frustrating an unusable really is. They have compassion unlike regular CSRs who read from a computer screen. I would just call whatever number is on verizon's site.
    03-03-11 12:31 PM
    I didn't really like the lightning bolt cause its was useless for me so it didn't really bug me when they took it off and also the clock. I use autoon/off and none of that bugs me only the reboots r the once I hate that's a reason I would downgrade.

03-03-11 01:50 PM
    Kind of a strange failure for the Op when you can still receive calls/texts but not do anything outbound. I assume data doesn't work as well.

Anyways to bad they didn't give you a free upgrade you the Bold
    03-04-11 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD