but . . . stupid thing dies.

First the bottom half of the screen on one dies. THEN the replacement that is sent doesnt mount on the computer. Never goes into Mass Storage Mode. . . .

That was #5. So VZW is giving me a 8830 and I get to upgrade to a Tour if I so decide to.

Really loved the Storm when it worked right but everytime I would start singing its praises it would falter. ah well.

Anyone one out there think i should just grab the Tour? or should i see how the 8830 does?
    07-10-09 06:54 PM
    but . . . stupid thing dies.

First the bottom half of the screen on one dies. THEN the replacement that is sent doesnt mount on the computer. Never goes into Mass Storage Mode. . . .

That was #5. So VZW is giving me a 8830 and I get to upgrade to a Tour if I so decide to.

Really loved the Storm when it worked right but everytime I would start singing its praises it would falter. ah well.

Anyone one out there think i should just grab the Tour? or should i see how the 8830 does?
    get the Tour. the tour will walk all over that 8830
    07-10-09 06:56 PM
    get the Tour. the tour will walk all over that 8830
    Yea but i dont have $269
    07-10-09 06:59 PM
    Just get the Tour!
    07-10-09 07:10 PM
    Should have them give you a different storm and sell it to get the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 07:20 PM
    Yea but i dont have $269
    you just asked if you should get the Tour or just keep the 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by cereal killer; 07-10-09 at 07:26 PM.
    07-10-09 07:23 PM
    the mass storage mode is a know issue, i found a program to enable it... i'll see if i can find it again
    07-10-09 07:24 PM
    Yea but i dont have $269
    Oh, they're going to make you pay the difference? That's a different story, then. I personally have an 8830 and I've loved it for two years. I'm upgrading to the Tour but if the Tour wasn't coming out? I'd hold on to it for another year.

It's a good phone, is what I'm saying. If you don't have the cash to upgrade, you could do worse than the 8830.
    07-10-09 07:24 PM
    here it is, you need to register for pinstack, but i've used it on a storm before, it works

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com

Download that file and extract the file. There will be three files in there, one of which has a .bat extension. Connect your BB, double click on the .bat file and a DOS cmd window pops up. Press any key when prompted to, then wait for the device to reboot.
    Last edited by Teksu; 07-10-09 at 07:35 PM.
    07-10-09 07:32 PM
    that's ridiculous because the 8830 no where compares to the storm in any way. They should be swapping your storm for a tour, or give you a brand new tour
    07-10-09 07:40 PM
    Maybe if you can't afford the tour at this time meet halfway and get a curve? Or do you need the world capabilities?
    Yea im a Musician so i need the world capabilities. Ima hold on to it until i get a few dollars to upgrade to the Tour. I will prob go to Best Buy their rebates are instant
    07-10-09 08:35 PM
    here it is, you need to register for pinstack, but i've used it on a storm before, it works

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com

Download that file and extract the file. There will be three files in there, one of which has a .bat extension. Connect your BB, double click on the .bat file and a DOS cmd window pops up. Press any key when prompted to, then wait for the device to reboot.
    This works. I bought 8330s off of ebay and had this problem. It took me 3-4 days to find this. I was going crazy before I found this fix.
    07-10-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD