Despite several hours of Internet searches and a call to Telus tech support, I remain clueless as to what happened to my sticker that indicates water damage. Perhaps someone with has experienced something similar:

I charged my blackberry tour overnight by attaching the device, via the usb-microusb cord, to my USB equipped wireless router. There was nothing unusual about the phone before I went to bed. When I awoke the phone didn't work. Thinking it froze during the night I did a battery pull, and to my bemusement, I witnessed the solid red line that runs horizontal across the white sticker on the battery, fading, fading... and eventually vanishing! I now no longer have a red mark on my battery (see the attached photo)! At the time I assumed a white sticker indicated water damage, I've since found out that a red not white sticker does, and made the mental commitment to go back to a regular cell phone. However, I've since discovered there is nothing actually wrong with my phone... the reason why it failed to start was because the connected router did not actually charge the blackberry; the Tour just ran out of juice -- don't laugh (actually, it's ok to) I went without a phone for a week -- and I just took it for dead. So now, I am left with perfectly functioning phone, but a completely white water damage sticker. Does this alternate colour form mean anything? Do I now have the Holy Grail of bb's? Can I can swim all I want with it and no one will ever know? I guess this makes me a big deal, right?
    Last edited by Lepomis; 12-19-09 at 11:06 PM.
    12-19-09 07:54 PM
    Yes, go take a swim with it and let us know. I'm sure it will be just fine.
    12-19-09 08:54 PM
    I've never heard of the ink stripe fading. There is at least one more moisture indicator on or in the 9630 itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 09:05 PM
    I have the BB tour and the water damage indicators are all completely white. I have seen so many different ideas about what the stickers look like when they have come in contact with water. Is white water damaged or not?
    03-23-10 10:26 PM
    The one on my batt is white with a red stripe. The one in my phone is solid white. My chick has a 9700 and her both of hers are white. I know mine never hit water and has never been in a moist area...
    03-24-10 02:13 AM
    I am pretty certain in my experience that a white sticker would turn pink if there is water damage. Either we're all wrong and the stickers on the battery are defective.
    03-24-10 08:13 AM
    Isn't it just a stripe of red/pink dye that would bleed if water contacted it so that it would spread outside of the narrow defined line and make more/all of the sticker pink? Maybe there are a few differently designed detectors - some the "dye" might be hidden but become visible when exposed to water/moisture???
    03-24-10 08:51 AM
    My battery one is completely white and has been from day one because i checked it I have thought all along that if it got wet or indicated water damage it would turn pink. If these are like litmus paper, it makes sense that they would turn redish when wet rather than whie from red when wet.
    03-24-10 08:55 AM
    Small square white sticker turned pink/red the time I had to fish my 4 yr old out of a friends pool one time. Pearl in my pocket. Only takes a second. Hello new Tour.
    03-24-10 01:42 PM
    Interesting - The indicator on MY battery is all white, but on my wife's is white with a red stripe.

03-24-10 01:55 PM
    Mine are all white as well
    03-24-10 02:05 PM
    Water damage stickers turn red/pink when they get wet. Most are all white or white with a red stripe (sometimes red x's) when they are new. when they become moist, the all white ones turn red or pink. The ones with a line or x's, the red line (or x's) 'leak' into the white turning the entire sticker a pink or red. If the sticker is still white, your good! I have heard of people triggering the water sensor by keeping the phone in the bathroom when they are in the shower (playing music and stuff).
    03-24-10 03:09 PM
    How about a battery that has a checker board pattern on it?

Yeah that is what my extended battery has on it right now when I purchased it.
    03-24-10 03:56 PM
    How about a battery that has a checker board pattern on it?

Yeah that is what my extended battery has on it right now when I purchased it.
    I think* as long as the red lines have not faded into the white, your ok. It doesn't really matter if the sensor is tripped in an after market battery. If the phone needs warranty work, just through the original battery in!!!
    03-24-10 04:29 PM
    I think* as long as the red lines have not faded into the white, your ok. It doesn't really matter if the sensor is tripped in an after market battery. If the phone needs warranty work, just through the original battery in!!!
    Unfortunately there is another sticker inside the phone they can look at

I have insurance any ways, so if there is any water damage I just pay the deductible.
    03-24-10 04:52 PM
    Unfortunately there is another sticker inside the phone they can look at

I have insurance any ways, so if there is any water damage I just pay the deductible.
    Yes there is lol. I wasn't talking about trying to scam them lol. I was just saying in case it got falsely tripped.
    03-24-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD