Hey Gang,

I'm a decently educated BB user, have paid attention to CB for a few years and generally tend to stay on top of things/comprehend... although, I don't tend to post much on these boards. However... I do read them like crazy! I've searched all the forums for an answer to my problem and I'm striking out.

Now... I'm at your mercy! HELP!!

Long story short, I've switched companies and no longer have the benefit of a BES. Today, I wiped my BB Tour (Verizon) and went through the motions of importing my contacts to Outlook, syncing, etc...

However, when I try to setup my email address thru the wizard. I'm only prompted for the option of connecting thru a BES and not an independant email. I've never encountered this before and I'm truly clueless.

In addition, there isn't even an icon for my browser on my home screen. This all leads me to believe that either I've fubar-ed something or that this outage is affecting my ability to setup my BB.

Could the fact that I used to be connected to a BES be affecting things? It's so odd that I'm not even given the option to do anything other than connect to a BES.

What do you recommend I do?????

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by joorrdaan; 12-22-09 at 09:53 PM.
    12-22-09 09:48 PM
    There's a data outage currently. Once the outage is over, re-send your Service Books.
    12-22-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD