Hello all, first post...can't find anyone else with this issue and even the verizon support had never heard of it.

This does not happen every time, but it does happen at least once a day.

On incoming calls, my ring tone will not play, instead I hear the person on the other end of the phone waiting for me to answer!! They can not hear me though, but I can hear them either saying hey pick up the phone, coughing, drinking water, what ever you do on the phone before the person answers.

So Verizon has never heard of this before and I can't force a duplication of it when people are watching of course.

Anyone heard of this and know what to do? I was hoping upgrading to 5.0 OS would fix and I am looking for that now.
    01-18-10 06:29 PM
    wow, that is indeed a weird one.

Dm
    01-18-10 07:27 PM
    yes and I see that VZW has not released the 5.0 yet...dang them!
    01-18-10 07:29 PM
    Loaded OS 5 and didn't change anything, still have callers voice tagging along with the ring tone. God this is annoying! Happened almost every call today, driving me nuts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:23 PM
    Haha! What an interesting thing! By the title of the post I was going to tell you to search for the 99 other posts about changing sound profiles in the current VZW OS, but this is really something else. I never had heard of someting like this.
    01-19-10 07:27 PM
    Yes it is weird, the only time it doesn't do it is vibrate and silent mode. Totally wacky, I still can't make it do it. Called myself from home 6 times...it happens from both land lines and cell phones from any provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD