Would anyone be willing to help me test a website for me from their Tour? For some reason, my company's website behaves differently from one my users Tour than it does from all other devices we've tested.

Please send me a PM if you have a couple minutes to help me out to see if this is isolated to this one device or if it's a problem with all Tour's.

Thanks!
    09-11-09 09:29 AM
    Couple of things you may want to check on the device.

1. is java enabled?

2. check the browser emulation

These are all checked from with in the browser menu>options
    09-11-09 09:33 AM
    Couple of things you may want to check on the device.

1. is java enabled?

2. check the browser emulation

These are all checked from with in the browser menu>options
    Thanks, but yeah, I checked all that. Compared it to other devices and the browser settings were identical, changed them around to see if it made a difference and it didn't. It's adding characters to the URL when clicking a link and since the URL is not valid (from the adding characters), it throws a 404. It only happens when clicking a link, typing the URL in manually works fine.

Works fine on my Storm (BES) and my boss' Curve on Sprint BIS.
    09-11-09 09:41 AM
    Does it do the samething when other URL's are sent? Since this appears to be happening only with this device and the one link, but if you enter manually it works, might be a corruption of link. Have you tried sending it again?

Try a battery reset of the device as well. you might back up the device and wipe it.

Just a few more things to try. Again, I do not think it soulds like a device issue, but a corruption of the sent link.
    09-11-09 10:40 AM
    Does it do the samething when other URL's are sent? Since this appears to be happening only with this device and the one link, but if you enter manually it works, might be a corruption of link. Have you tried sending it again?
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'sent'? It's not a URL we're e-mailing to anyone, it's a link from a page on a website to another page on that same website. It actually happens on most if not all links on this particular website on this particular device.

Try a battery reset of the device as well. you might back up the device and wipe it.

Just a few more things to try. Again, I do not think it soulds like a device issue, but a corruption of the sent link.
    09-11-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD