I have a Verizon Tour (OS 4.7.1.40) and I downloaded WeatherBug from App World. After downloading, at some point in the installation process, it crashed, tried to restart, and gave me a "Reload Software 552" error. I reloaded the software via Blackberry Desktop, checked My World in App World, and found WeatherBug was "Ready To Install" but not installed. I couldn't delete it from the Applications menu in Options because it doesn't appear there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get this to work? If not, how can I delete the program?

(I have BB Maps installed, if that matters)

Thanks
    08-17-09 04:28 PM
    There are literally a ton of threads in this forum documenting the problems people are having with WeatherBug. Try a search and good luck.
    08-17-09 04:31 PM
    I read every thread I could find that seemed to be relevant, but none addressed my issue, as far as I could tell. If someone could prove me wrong I'd appreciate it.
    08-17-09 04:53 PM
    Try pulling the battery and going back to AppWorld. Go to "My World" and you can see the installed and uninstalled program. Hit the BB key on the program you want and delete it.
    08-17-09 05:39 PM
    Try pulling the battery and going back to AppWorld. Go to "My World" and you can see the installed and uninstalled program. Hit the BB key on the program you want and delete it.
    I tried the battery pull. In My World, since the program isn't installed, there's no delete option. There is an install option - I tried it and it caused another crash

Thanks for your help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:29 PM
    If it's not installed I personally wouldn't bother with WeatherBug, personally not a good experience and it seems a lot of users agree, BerryWeather is on sale for $5 today if you don't mind dropping a few bucks for an app a LOT better than WeatherBug (IMO)... May save you a few headaches if you go that route.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:40 PM
    I went ahead and bought BerryWeather, but I still can't remove WeatherBug from My World. It now permanently is listed as "Ready to Install". I tried battery pulls, App World Uninstall/Reinstall, and deleting leftover modules - all to no avail. Oh well.
    08-18-09 03:21 PM
    Did you check the App World folder where apps are now "archived"? Maybe there's something there you can delete that will erase it from My World.
    08-18-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD