I need my phone to ring loud and long - holstered or not.

I need QUICK notification and access to a list of missed calls, voice and text messages without having to search through half a dozen menus.

Is this possible with a BB TOUR (my first BB)?

I downloaded BeBuzz and could not fully understand the directive to "set the 'Repeat notification/LED' setting to "None" for all items in your BB Profiles".

I don't know what that means - yes, I understand setting LED to none but what is repeat notification?

I purchased BuzzBerry today (had the phone a week) in a LAST desperate attempt to figure out how to enhance notifications - to a level comparable with my 5 year old Sanyo MM-9000. So far, ringer is haphazard at best.

I'm so frustrated at discovering, buried amidst all my incoming emails (not generally a priority for me), text msgs from hours earlier.

And if I don't see an immediate notification of a missed call, I won't know that I missed a call 'till I call voice mail.

Sheesh! ALL I WANT IS A PHONE THAT MAKES AND RECEIVES CALLS WELL and informs me when I miss a call or a message.

Update (1 hour later):

OK, OK, I reread the BuzzBerry instructions enough times to begin to decipher...

I pray that I will miss fewer calls and retrieve my messages with less hassles in the future.

Needed to rant, feeling more hopeful.
    Last edited by hed1117; 12-02-09 at 02:55 AM. Reason: more info
    12-02-09 01:25 AM
    As far as separating your messages from your email you can open the message folder> menu>options>list settings and check or uncheck the items you want to see in that folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 02:58 AM
    Did you read any of the books and papers that came with your phone? Ask anyone in the store? It can't get much easier than clicking the SMS icon or pressing the call button to see your call history.

You can also set the 2 convenience buttons on either side of the phone to open your favorite folders or apps.
    12-02-09 05:25 AM
    You can also determine where your missed calls are logged. Open your phone function>options>call logging. There are few devices that are more customizable than a BB.

12-02-09 07:20 AM
    I need my phone to ring loud and long - holstered or not.

I need QUICK notification and access to a list of missed calls, voice and text messages without having to search through half a dozen menus.

Is this possible with a BB TOUR (my first BB)?

I downloaded BeBuzz and could not fully understand the directive to "set the 'Repeat notification/LED' setting to "None" for all items in your BB Profiles".

I don't know what that means - yes, I understand setting LED to none but what is repeat notification?

I purchased BuzzBerry today (had the phone a week) in a LAST desperate attempt to figure out how to enhance notifications - to a level comparable with my 5 year old Sanyo MM-9000. So far, ringer is haphazard at best.

I'm so frustrated at discovering, buried amidst all my incoming emails (not generally a priority for me), text msgs from hours earlier.

And if I don't see an immediate notification of a missed call, I won't know that I missed a call 'till I call voice mail.

Sheesh! ALL I WANT IS A PHONE THAT MAKES AND RECEIVES CALLS WELL and informs me when I miss a call or a message.

Update (1 hour later):

OK, OK, I reread the BuzzBerry instructions enough times to begin to decipher...

I pray that I will miss fewer calls and retrieve my messages with less hassles in the future.

Needed to rant, feeling more hopeful.
    The Tour is a huge step up from your previous phone and therefore the learning curve will be as well.

For notifications go to select sounds> scroll down and select set ring tones/alerts> adjust as desired.

For voice mail make sure you have Visual Voice mail installed and set-up. If you get a lot of voice mails this is the best thing ever imo.

Text messages.. Just make sure you have the SMS icon on your home screen.

Also if you are having issues with the originally installed ring tones being to short download one that lasts longer. The are a ton of websites that offer free ring tones.

Most importantly play with the phone and get familiar with it. Once you know how to use it you will wonder what you did without it.
    12-02-09 07:21 AM
    Thank you all for your helpful advice.

I haven't been able to read too much of the manual(s) as I have a business to run and this is my third "smart"phone in three weeks - tried a Hero and Moment b4 BB.
    I will learn how to put the voicemail icon on my home screen and/or set the convenience buttons accordingly.
    I like the BB and have no more energy/time/desire to switch again.
    12-02-09 10:51 AM
    I purchased bbalerts and that allows for me to specify different led colors for different types of alerts. More importantly it let's me make the led blink indefinitely until I read the message so that I always know if I have any unread messages from just looking at my phone. This is how I deal with missed messages and calls and I love this application. You can get the trail version for a week if you want to try it.

12-02-09 11:13 AM
    For voicemail, you simply press and hold the 1 key, and it dials it for you.

The BlackBerry is a very customizable phone as far as the settings go. You can pretty much make it how you want. For easy phone access, just hit the green phone key. This will show you call logs, missed calls, etc.
    12-02-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD