Soo my phone fell in the toilet late last night, and I immediately grabbed it, dried it off, and pulled out the batttery. I left the battery out all night but forgot about the SIM card. This morning I took the battery and Sim card out, and put it in a bowl of rice.

I got a little impatient and tried to turn the phone on, and everything works fine while its booting up but right after the screen goes black. The phone rings and lights up, but the screen is black. And there's a constant blue indicator light. Do I just need to keep it in the rice longer or should I give up and get a new phone???
    07-30-11 11:41 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of "where do I buy a replacement device."

You can try waiting longer, but I would be hesitant to use any device with water damage for anything considered important.
    jcink22 likes this.
    07-30-11 12:40 PM
    I think the rule is to wait for 72 hours or more.
    Search the threads for titles such as "will bag of rice actually work" or " dropped my phone in the toilet". Believe me there are a few like this one already posted.
    jcink22 likes this.
    07-30-11 12:46 PM
    if you are placing it in rice again, i would first put it in rubbing alcohol for 30 seconds

The rubbing alcohol will push the water out, as well as it will evaporate unlike water.

Leave it in the rice for 48 to 72 hours, your impatience might have hindered the rescue of this BB, but a few days we will know.
    jcink22 likes this.
    07-30-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD