Can anyone tell me where the water damage sticker is located on the Tour and what it is supposed to look like with and without water damage? I tried to replace my tour today because of trackball issues and they told me it has water damage. I know for a fact that I've never dropped it in any kind of water so I'm not sure how it got water damage.
    08-28-09 11:25 PM
    mine is white. its stickers placed on top of the screws inside your battery compartment. I think it turns red when its been wet
    08-28-09 11:31 PM
    White sticker. Will turn from white to a red/pink.
    08-28-09 11:32 PM
    Is there one on the phone itself? She took the battery out and pointed to something on the phone but I couldn't tell what she was pointing at.
    08-28-09 11:34 PM
    Why didn't you ask her to show you?

I mean, if I know my phone hasn't been in contact with water, and someone tells me it has water damage, the first thing I'm going to say is "show me".

The sticker would probably activate on alot of moisture as well, not just direct water contact. High humidity.. sweat, etc.
    08-28-09 11:39 PM
    I'm pretty upset about it. My trackball hasn't worked right from day 1, but I switched the sensitivity to 90 and I've been dealing with it. It's gotten to the point where I can't really use it and now I have to pay $90 for a replacement when I've never gotten it wet.
    08-28-09 11:44 PM
    The weak will be taken advantage of. Rule of Nature. Think about what I just said and head back to your local Vzw store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 11:48 PM
    Trea, try the trackball fix posted here and see if that helps. May save you some aggravation. Lock your phone, then press down hard on the trackball and roll it around for a few seconds in all directions will fully pressed. I had to do this 3 times but it seemed to help me. There is a thread on this somewhere but I don't recall exactly where on the forums.
    08-28-09 11:49 PM
    or just call 611 and tell them about the track ball problem and have them ship you out a new phone. The whole water damage thing is so stupid because it is OBVIOUS that the trackball issue has nada to do with it
    08-28-09 11:51 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll see what I can do with it.
    08-28-09 11:57 PM
    or just call 611 and tell them about the track ball problem and have them ship you out a new phone. The whole water damage thing is so stupid because it is OBVIOUS that the trackball issue has nada to do with it
    I've heard that if you return water damaged phone, you might get charged for full retail price of $509.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 02:23 AM
    so i had a water damaged tour (dropped it into a waterfall).

there is a sticker in the battery slot, and another sticker again somewhere near there. if the tech opens it up, there are some more indicators of wetness.

i had no insurance and was a few days out of warranty. they asked me to pay 113? or 109? dollars for the repair. i said forget it, and instead upgraded to a bold with sprint.
    08-22-10 03:43 PM
    Is there one on the phone itself? She took the battery out and pointed to something on the phone but I couldn't tell what she was pointing at.
    There are three. One on the battery, one on the phone in the battery cavity, and one inside of the housing. Attempting to view the last one voids your warranty.
    08-22-10 03:47 PM
    there is one sticker on the battery and one on the phone on one of the small screw....i actually got my tour wet and removed them and took it into a tech and they didn't even notice and replaced my phone because he could't figure out what was wrong with it...kind of scheming but i got a free phone so...haha tech was sooo mad too bc he couldn't figure out what the problem was...i was laughing inside lol
    08-22-10 06:49 PM
    there is one sticker on the battery and one on the phone on one of the small screw....i actually got my tour wet and removed them and took it into a tech and they didn't even notice and replaced my phone because he could't figure out what was wrong with it...kind of scheming but i got a free phone so...haha tech was sooo mad too bc he couldn't figure out what the problem was...i was laughing inside lol
    Haha yeah, fraud is hilarious...
    08-22-10 09:17 PM
    Haha yeah, fraud is hilarious...
    And immature. Wow.
    08-23-10 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD