I was referring to the VZW Diamond. I should've been more specific.

Yes, I would definetely take a Diamond over a Curve. The Tour seems to be a slightly less version of a Bold. If you get a Tour, you will still be behind AT&T users. A Tour seems to be great, but just not enough for me. I can't see myself buying a phone that is basically a lesser version of a phone that has been out for about a year(Bold). And the Pro 2 hs wifi, so that's definetely a plus over the Tour. In the future, I do look forward to buying a BB. But as of right now, Pro 2 is the best choice for me. I'm hoping it holds me off until LTE hits nationwide.
    The only difference I think between the Bold and the Tour is a slightly slower processor and wifi....I'm used to a Curve so I don't think the processor speed will seem slow to me at all...and I have never had a need for wifi...

The size of the tour (at least the size its reported to be) actually seems to me to be a huge benefit over the bold...I have played with the bold a lot and I just don't like how wide it feels. So the tour should be right up my alley...and since I'm sticking with VZW at least through the end of my contract that should work...I would like to switch to AT&T eventually but it'll be probably 2 more years...so by then we should have something even better than the bold out
    06-06-09 02:38 PM
    The only difference I think between the Bold and the Tour is a slightly slower processor and wifi....I'm used to a Curve so I don't think the processor speed will seem slow to me at all...and I have never had a need for wifi...

The size of the tour (at least the size its reported to be) actually seems to me to be a huge benefit over the bold...I have played with the bold a lot and I just don't like how wide it feels. So the tour should be right up my alley...and since I'm sticking with VZW at least through the end of my contract that should work...I would like to switch to AT&T eventually but it'll be probably 2 more years...so by then we should have something even better than the bold out
    BB's that are coming to basically replce the Bold are Onyx, Magnum & I think Pluto. AT&T has a whole line up coming. So basically if you get the Tour, you will still be slightly behind compared to AT&T's phones. & you gotta admit, when you see a guy at the bar with his touchscreen, full qwerty, wifi, speedy processor BB, you will get jealous. I know I would, therefore I'm seeking to buy a phone that is gonna be very up to date and can possibly hold me off til about 2012-2013(if that's even possible) when LTE will go national. I'm someone that takes advantage of wifi as much as I can, therefore I need wifi. I have VZW and I've been eligible for an upgrade since last November. I didn't use it on that Storm & I'm definetely not gonna use it on the Tour.
    06-06-09 02:47 PM
    BB's that are coming to basically replce the Bold are Onyx, Magnum & I think Pluto. AT&T has a whole line up coming. So basically if you get the Tour, you will still be slightly behind compared to AT&T's phones. & you gotta admit, when you see a guy at the bar with his touchscreen, full qwerty, wifi, speedy processor BB, you will get jealous. I know I would, therefore I'm seeking to buy a phone that is gonna be very up to date and can possibly hold me off til about 2012-2013(if that's even possible) when LTE will go national. I'm someone that takes advantage of wifi as much as I can, therefore I need wifi. I have VZW and I've been eligible for an upgrade since last November. I didn't use it on that Storm & I'm definetely not gonna use it on the Tour.
    I probably won't be too jealous...considering that the tour has a full qwerty keyboard, and a fast enough processor...and I don't use wifi...and I had the storm and wanted to throw it out the window so I don't really want to give another shot at a RIM touch screen device for several more models

And its definitely not worth me paying 2 cancellation fee's for...
    06-06-09 03:05 PM
    My dad just bought his first-ever mobile device, and he ignored my recommendation of a BB and went with a Touch Pro 2, because he reads a lot of Word docs. When I found out I advised him to spend a lot of time with the device early, so that he could return it if need be. Two days later, he'd sent it back, for all the reasons I'd warned him to do with Windows Mobile. Now, he had such a bad experience that he swore off PDAs in general and went with a basic cellphone, but I'll give him the tour of my 8830 then see if he doesn't want to hold out for the Tour. People, for the last time: WM is crap, pure and simple. I was stuck for two years with a company-issued Motorola Q, and literally every time I used that thing I wanted to throw it out the nearest window. I'm no anti-Microsoft nut either, I actually really like Windows and Office on my computer. Just nowhere near my phone.
    Last edited by new_ti_boston; 06-06-09 at 03:29 PM.
    06-06-09 03:26 PM
    My dad just bought his first-ever mobile device, and he ignored my recommendation of a BB and went with a Touch Pro 2, because he reads a lot of Word docs. When I found out I advised him to spend a lot of time with the device early, so that he could return it if need be. Two days later, he'd sent it back, for all the reasons I'd warned him to do with Windows Mobile. Now, he had such a bad experience that he swore off PDAs in general and went with a basic cellphone, but I'll give him the tour of my 8830 then see if he doesn't want to hold out for the Tour. People, for the last time: WM is crap, pure and simple. I was stuck for two years with a company-issued Motorola Q, and literally every time I used that thing I wanted to throw it out the nearest window. I'm no anti-Microsoft nut either, I actually really like Windows and Office on my computer. Just nowhere near my phone.
    I've had just about every winmo device out there...and yes...both models of the Q were crap...but 6.5 on the Touch Diamond was very nice.
    06-06-09 03:36 PM

absolutely not..

I could care less what phone another guy is using.. sorry...

they have to choose a phone that works for them. The phone they have doesn't sway my decision.. nor make me jealous..
    06-06-09 04:02 PM
    absolutely not..

they have to choose a phone that works for them. The phone they have doesn't sway my decision.. nor make me jealous..
    Couldnt've said it better myself
    06-06-09 04:04 PM
    Huh?

Actually if I see a guy at a bar messing around with his touchscreen, qwerty, wifi phone, I think I'd just feel bad for him or laugh alot. Who goes out to a bar and just sits around playing on their super duper "up to date" (for 6 months) phone to show off? Weird.

There's nothing about wifi that makes it better for me, since I don't have any use for it. And I personally can't stand touchscreen phones. So I will not be feeling left behind compared to At&T.

I think if I was worried about being upstaged by someone's phone at a bar, I'd have to re-evaluate my priorities...just sayin'...
    06-06-09 04:33 PM

I don't mean to start anything by this comment but your opinion is based off of 1 phone you had and a phone your dad had...

The Q ran off of an older version of WinMo that did suck horribly yes. It was slow and buggy and pretty much made most people want to throw their phones off of a building.

The Touch Pro your dad had however...that isn't WinMo's fault...Like I said...I am extremely experienced with all versions of WinMo and 6.5 is very very nice. Your dad was a first time PDA user who got a phone that would confuse and frustrate a lot of people. WinMo is not at all user friendly for new users...however if you know what you're doing with a PDA then WinMo 6.5 is very nice to use. Your dad probably should've started off with something easy like a Treo/Centro...Or even a BB...Both OS's are much more user friendly to beginners than WinMo is
    06-06-09 04:40 PM
    and really enjoying the OS but watch out for Microsoft.

They are reinventing themselves with Bing, Mobile 7 and Windows 7 (which I hear is spectacular).
    06-07-09 06:40 AM
    absolutely not..

+1 well said but I get a little jealous.

I'm buying a new phone shortly and would like an iphone but I know what my business needs are so a Tour it is for me.

I'll be getting the new ipod touch as well for the apps and wifi.
    06-07-09 06:50 AM
    and really enjoying the OS but watch out for Microsoft.

They are reinventing themselves with Bing, Mobile 7 and Windows 7 (which I hear is spectacular).
    Yeah i've been using mac exclusively for a little over a year now but I will definitely say that Windows 7 looks incredible.

And I am LOVING Bing....I have pretty much stopped using Google since Bing was brought out...

I really hope this means Microsoft is turning over a new leaf
    06-07-09 01:50 PM
    I love HTC devices and the TP2 does look great but want my phone to be a bit more stable than a Winmo device.
    Some friends of mine swear by them and seem to do all right but they're main use for the phone is tinkering and Dl ing apps, videos etc. apposed to communication.

I go with a BB for that reason along with the stability. Also why my Storm only comes out on the weekends.
    Can't wait for 5.0 !!!
    06-08-09 08:17 AM
    How did he get the touch pro II?? It hasnt been released in the states...
    06-08-09 08:39 AM
    Thats the thing I dislike about bb is the fact that they are not very innovative. The tour is a better phone than the Curve but Im not seeing a drastic upgrade between the two.

Windows mobile is not the best in operating system but yall are forgetting that the Htc pro Ii is comming out with the touchflo user interface. You wont have to worry about windows mobile clunky interface. Also the Fast Processor and highram will make the pro II run smoother that other windows mobile phone with half the ram and half the processor.
    06-08-09 08:53 AM
    How did he get the touch pro II?? It hasnt been released in the states...
    He's in Canada. But maybe he got the model wrong, I'm not sure, he said it was the version 2 but maybe he got that wrong. Definitely the Touch Pro though.
    06-08-09 10:58 AM
    He's in Canada. But maybe he got the model wrong, I'm not sure, he said it was the version 2 but maybe he got that wrong. Definitely the Touch Pro though.
    I doubt he had version II. Its not available yet...
    06-08-09 03:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD