I keep hearing about all these problem:
    Laggy trackball
    Loose battery case
    Overheating

Are these problems that will be fixed in the relative near future where I should wait or will most the problems be fixed with an update?

Thanks!
    07-14-09 01:19 PM
    verizon is usually good ith exchanging out problem phones. at least in my area they are. so...id say get it now if ur on verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 01:28 PM
    I don't have any of those problems. I suggest get it now!
    07-14-09 01:30 PM
    It depends. If you want to get a device that is fast, sends emails, uses CDMA and GSM, has awesome call quality, takes wicked clear pictures, and does everything a BlackBerry is designed to do, go get one NOW.
    I agree!! if you dont' want that then wait it out.
    07-14-09 01:32 PM
    I have found with ALL Verizon phones, that the first couple weeks of sales are those that were made, programed, and shipped to VZW months ago from the country of origin. The last minute changes that VZW and RIM has made the last few months will not be included in the phones being sold right now. In about 30 days to 60 days you will see these latest changes that they have kept quiet, possibly different OS version, battery door fixed and other various fixes that were put into place after they got feedback from all the "testers". You can quote me on this one!!
    07-14-09 01:32 PM
    More people will post something negative than those who post positives, so a lot of those problems are exaggerated in their occurrences. If these are indeed factory defects, then there shouldn't be much hassle in exchanging your phone down the road. Its all up to you on if you think you can wait it out or not. I, for one, am not experiencing anything that makes me wish I have waited.
    07-14-09 01:40 PM
    Thanks guys! You convinced me to pick up the phone today!
    07-14-09 01:53 PM
    I agree!! if you dont' want that then wait it out.

Agreed.

I had one with horrible battery door issues and was able to switch it out and get a Tour that is fine.

The phone is the best CDMA BB by far. I've had 8703, 8830 and 9530 before and the 9630 smokes them all.
    07-14-09 01:56 PM
    What overheating problems? I have had none.

I think it might have to do with charging, but that always happens.

-Shrug-
    07-14-09 01:57 PM
    I have found with ALL Verizon phones, that the first couple weeks of sales are those that were made, programed, and shipped to VZW months ago from the country of origin. The last minute changes that VZW and RIM has made the last few months will not be included in the phones being sold right now. In about 30 days to 60 days you will see these latest changes that they have kept quiet, possibly different OS version, battery door fixed and other various fixes that were put into place after they got feedback from all the "testers". You can quote me on this one!!
    The manf. date for all of these phones is on the side of the box. It would be fraud to have a manufacture date of July 5th 2009 if it was really made 5-6 months ago.

The only phone that would apply to is the storm since they supposedly fixed the clicking issue which has still yet to be seen or proven in any manner. I am not sure what facts you have to back this up, but please present some.
    07-14-09 02:01 PM
    Customer Service = if you complain enough (to the right people), you shall receive. Despite people listing problems they've had with their Tour (none of which I've remotely experienced) you should go get it now (like right now). If anything is messed up with the phone you can always take it back. Problems taking it back? Ask for the manager. Still a problem? Get their manager. Not saying be "one of those people" but you shouldn't worry about any problems that you won't (well, I guess you technically could) inccur.
    07-14-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD