So I've pre-ordered the Tour from Verizon. As everybody knows it comes out on the 12th (Sunday). The Verizon store near me opens at 11AM on Sunday. So do I go to the store and get the phone then decline the Fed-Ex package on Tuesday. I'm just worried that it will cause a headache with the return process. If you pre-ordered are you going to wait it out or go to a VZW store?
    07-06-09 03:44 PM
    So I've pre-ordered the Tour from Verizon. As everybody knows it comes out on the 12th (Sunday). The Verizon store near me opens at 11AM on Sunday. So do I go to the store and get the phone then decline the Fed-Ex package on Tuesday. I'm just worried that it will cause a headache with the return process. If you pre-ordered are you going to wait it out or go to a VZW store?
    Why can't you cancel your pre-order?
    07-06-09 03:45 PM
    According to the rep. at VZW, they are not able to cancel pre-orders. I would just have to decline the package and it would get shipped back to them.
    07-06-09 03:47 PM
    Just wait it out..
    07-06-09 03:50 PM
    According to the rep. at VZW, they are not able to cancel pre-orders. I would just have to decline the package and it would get shipped back to them.
    oooo i see.
    interesting. From what I've read about pre-orders, especially ones made through phone, it sounded as though the orders won't actually be processed til the 13th (since the 12th is Sunday), so i wonder why they just can't cancel it. or more like not process it. haha.

I'd say wait it out. another day or 2 can't be that bad.
    07-06-09 03:56 PM
    I guess... I usually golf on Tuesdays so I'm going to have to convince my mom to stay home so I don't miss the package. Or I'm going to have to cancel my golf game.
    07-06-09 03:59 PM
    [you] should not wait!
    07-06-09 03:59 PM
    I work for verizon and believe me I know how stupid it sounds because I have to tell ppl everyday but the rep was correct we can't cancel orders stupid system limitation and they haven't implemented anything to fix that. But you could most def. go to the store and not accept the pkg if you dont sign for it then there wont be any headache because it will all be on fedex if the device is not returned unless you get a scandalist fedex rep who signs for you and keeps the pkg which I have heard by the way. But Im sure that's rare just fruit for thought
    07-06-09 04:14 PM
    wait...it's just a phone u clown
    07-06-09 04:15 PM
    I work for verizon and believe me I know how stupid it sounds because I have to tell ppl everyday but the rep was correct we can't cancel orders stupid system limitation and they haven't implemented anything to fix that. But you could most def. go to the store and not accept the pkg if you dont sign for it then there wont be any headache because it will all be on fedex if the device is not returned unless you get a scandalist fedex rep who signs for you and keeps the pkg which I have heard by the way. But Im sure that's rare just fruit for thought
    Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll go on Sunday then. If the line is crazy then I'll just wait it out.
    07-06-09 04:21 PM
    if I were you I would wait..

think of this situation..

your using up 1 preorder that would go to someone else..

then your going to go to the store and take a phone that would go to someone else..

then your going to return the preorder and someone might have to wait longer for theres..

just my 2 cents
    07-06-09 05:21 PM
    Question....when you pre order....doesn't that use up your upgrade eligibility? So, when you go in store to upgrade, won't they look in the computer and say your upgrade was already used on a pre order (which they can't cancel)??
    Last edited by iloveluxury; 07-06-09 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo...
    07-06-09 05:39 PM
    Good question. I'll call and ask right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 05:42 PM
    The guy that I just spoke to said the pre-order will not effect my going into the store on Sunday. He said he will be able to access my new every 2 discount even though I pre-ordered the tour.

07-06-09 05:47 PM
    The guy that I just spoke to said the pre-order will not effect my going into the store on Sunday. He said he will be able to access my new every 2 discount even though I pre-ordered the tour.

so basically you could get 2 for the the 2 year price and sell one... correct? kinda cheating the system but you could do it.
    07-06-09 06:11 PM
    No I think you would get billed full price for the pre-ordered one if they don't get it back.

07-06-09 06:13 PM
    so basically you could get 2 for the the 2 year price and sell one... correct? kinda cheating the system but you could do it.

That's what I was wondering....but I'm sure they'd make you send one back or you'll get charged full retail on it. NOT fun.
    07-06-09 06:35 PM
    Actually you couldn't cheat the system believe me vzw will find out that you received that phone and once it's activated it gets billed at full retail price to your bill then you call in complainning about your bill being so high. I have gotten this call many times. Don't listen to that just get your phone on sunday if that is what you want and don't accept the pkg everything will be fine.
    07-07-09 12:07 AM
    sigh.. you guys are lucky! Canada wont be getting the tour till end of Summer probably =(
    07-07-09 04:47 AM
    i dont know WHAT rep you spoke with, but if you ordered through the internet, and then go into the store, you will NOT be able to upgrade AGAIN, it will show a pending order and you cannot process a transaction until the phone you ordered is activated (i.e calling and agreeing to the 2 year agreement) its the same as future-dating a price plan; until everything is complete you cannot process an order in the middle until the previous order is cancelled.
    07-07-09 05:00 AM
    I didn't mess with preorders. I'm going straight to the store on Sunday morning.
    07-07-09 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD