Hey guys, first post here. I'm a Verizon subscriber and want to get a Blackberry very soon. I know there's no release date for the Niagara, so what do you all suggest I do? No matter what model BB you have....wait for Niagara (possibly September???) or just get the Curve? I hate how other models are only available on certain carriers (like the Bold or Curve 8900).

Help please! Thanks.
    04-28-09 10:43 AM
    Well only you can answer this really. Can you wait for the latest and greatest? Then wait for the 9630. If you want one now, I'd go with a curve if you need it more for messaging/email/phone, rather then music/video. If you want it to play around with, get the Storm.

Again, only you can really answer this though
    04-28-09 10:45 AM
    Yea i know, it just sucks that besides Storm, the latest blackberry for verizon was released in mid 07 (the curve).

i have tried using the Storm before, and it's awful texting. what do you have?
    04-28-09 10:48 AM
    If I were in the same boat I would wait for the 9630. I love the curve and really like my Storm, but the 9630 should fall in line with the most current tech once it is released. To be honest the Storm will never be up to the hype they created for it.
    04-28-09 11:17 AM
    I agree with everyone else that you are the only one to answer your question. However, I would wait at least a week or two. Wait until WES next week, you never know, RIM might announce the tour. Also, if you get a curve now, you will end up paying full retail for the Tour if you decide you want it. Don't get an outdated phone when newer phone is due to be release. When the tour comes out, you will have wished you would have waited. I hope this helps.
    04-28-09 11:40 AM
    Buy a used Curve on craigslist for ~$100, then sell it for nearly that much on CL after the 9630 is out.
    04-28-09 11:44 AM
    If you do buy one off of ebay / craigslist, make sure it is from a reputable seller, and ask for the PIN before you bid / buy. Call Verizon to make sure this PIN is not blocked / blacklisted, and that if you were to buy it, you could activate it. I have read stories on here about people being sold stolen phones on craigslist, etc so as the saying goes, Buyer Beware.

Also I have heard Verizon wont activate a BB that isn't branded as Verizon. So make sure the phone is branded Verizon.

Welcome to your crackberry addiction, and FYI, creating duplicate threads (like the one I found below) is frowned upon.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post2411422
    04-28-09 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD