No offence, but that wouldn't make sense. If they already had an MR1, then they did. It was released and downloaded thousands of times.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but why does it matter to you? The updates are not patches, but full OS replacements. It doesn't matter whether you missed one or not. The most current OS is the most current OS.

completely agree they could call it OS 7.0 mr9 and it wouldn't make a difference
    10-29-09 11:14 PM
    verizon seems to take testing seriously. I wish they would just speed up the testing so we can run the latest os officially.
    10-30-09 08:45 AM
    verizon seems to take testing seriously. I wish they would just speed up the testing so we can run the latest os officially.
    Wow - the two statements here are in direct conflict with each other. One take their time to assure quality of a product. SPeed it up and you lose this.
    10-30-09 08:49 AM
    These releases have been out way before they were released on any carrier. Testing for bugs can be thorough and also be time sensitive. They were testing the storm2 which probably put off the os release for the tour. It is all about sales and increasing revenue in this economy. Later releases don't make them money.
    10-30-09 08:56 AM
    No offence, but that wouldn't make sense. If they already had an MR1, then they did. It was released and downloaded thousands of times.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but why does it matter to you? The updates are not patches, but full OS replacements. It doesn't matter whether you missed one or not. The most current OS is the most current OS.
    I don't see what an update that was online for only a few hours should count as a MR. It's not like it was even announced available to anyone and the only people that even know about it are probably only the people who visit this site. And if you want to get tehcnical, RIM said it was a mistake that they loaded that update so it wasn't even an official MR.

The reason it matters is because it's going to confuse customers. If there is a guy that plugs his phone into desktop manager every week and he never got an update before and then he gets MR2, he going to wonder what he did wrong to not get the first update.
    10-30-09 09:24 AM
    completely agree they could call it OS 7.0 mr9 and it wouldn't make a difference
    Actually it would make a difference. It would confuse customers.
    10-30-09 09:25 AM
    Can I just say that I told you so.... Don't doubt me or my sources again lol... However I will admit that I was wrong about the MR2 it is a MR1 I apologize..
    11-19-09 12:01 PM
    Any update is better than no update!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:46 PM
    In any case, I was able to get .53 during that small window and it worked just fine for me until I took the plunge and upgraded os 5 .230 2 weeks ago. Will not go back to 4.7x. Will wait for either an official 5.0 release or a stable hybrid if I get too impatient.
    11-19-09 01:57 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD