i was wondering if the replacements you got in the mail were always refurbished or sometimes new? also, i was wondering if replacements came with battery doors on them? i have a friend with a sprint tour and he hates the glossy black door, i was hoping i could possibly hook him up with one
    11-11-09 08:27 PM
    Well my bf has gotten two so far and i got my first replacement today. Fed ex shipped them. All of them were just refurbished units. Vzw said they didnt have any new Tours in stock in the store.
    11-11-09 08:50 PM
    When I got my replacement, I got shipped a 'green-dot' Tour, which was pretty new. It came in a brown box, delivered by FedEx and did come with a battery door, just no battery.
    11-11-09 08:56 PM
    1 year manufacture warranty_cover any defective device in_like new condition...
    11-11-09 09:08 PM
    okay thank you, can anyone else clarify on receiving battery doors on their replacements?
    11-11-09 09:09 PM
    You get a like new Tour. I talked to a Rep at VZW's tech support. Thankfully he advised me to go in and get a brand new one, as it was still 30 days from my purchase (exactly 30 days, actually).
    11-11-09 09:10 PM
    Had my tour replaced and was new (without battery) but came with battery door

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:13 PM
    Ours didnt come with a battery door or a battery. Only thing it came with was the Sim card.
    11-11-09 09:30 PM
    i was wondering if the replacements you got in the mail were always refurbished or sometimes new? also, i was wondering if replacements came with battery doors on them? i have a friend with a sprint tour and he hates the glossy black door, i was hoping i could possibly hook him up with one
    I am on my 3rd Tour since July; my first 2 were refurbs but i insisted on a BRAND NEW one on VZW 3rd attempt to fix the problem with the trackball!! They gave me the run around for about 15 minutes then I said i wanted to speak to a amnager or supervisor and ALL of the sudden they were able to give me a new one!!! So far so good with the new one!! GOod Luck

11-11-09 09:42 PM
    my first replacement was a new green dot replaced in store, the 2nd replacement should be here tomorrow and i think will be a refurb. If it comes with a battery door i hope it is tight!!
    11-11-09 09:49 PM
    I just got one today, scratch that it was yesterday, on 11-11, it is a refurb with a build date of 11-09, no battery cover, I can't tell difference between it and a new one. I have not powered it up yet, will work on that today, I want to make sure it is working correctly before reloading current hybrid I am running. I was glad to see the 1 year warranty covers it, current Tour is now 4 months old, now I have warranty another year which is great;sure beats an I-phone warranty!!
    11-12-09 12:59 AM
    seems like it is pretty much hit or miss with the battery covers then huh.
    11-12-09 05:15 AM
    My replacement came with a battery door, i called CS 800 number..clear plastic on the screen (like a new one, no wording) and a Green dot on the box

My Sisters replacement phone came without a battery door, and had the "certified like new" plastic on the screen, hers was ordered from the local store, no green dot.

I ordered my replacement about a week after she did..

I was told by a friend that is a store manager that Verizon is starting to only do replacements via fed ex, not in store, unless you are in your 30 days.

seems like it is pretty much hit or miss with the battery covers then huh.
    11-12-09 07:24 AM
    When I went to get a replacement they didnt have any in store and they couldnt even order me a replacement phone, they were all out of stock with no idea when they'd get more. So they walked in back and pulled out a brand new tour straight out of the box. I even got the new battery.
    11-12-09 10:17 AM
    just ordered mine today, was told it will be a refurb.
    CSR/Tech Support said i can go to a store and then call for replacement, but i requested replacement right away. hopefully the one i get isnt any worse - i have a launch day unit that works almost perfectly, with the exception of the trackball - it sticks very slightly to the left.

what are some things i should watch out for when comparing my current one to the replacement unit (other than the trackball, lol)
    11-12-09 11:42 AM
    I ordered replacements for a Tour and a Storm about 3 weeks ago. Neither one was in stock at the store, so VZW shipped them out via FedEx. The Storm was clearly a refurb. The unit was wrapped in a plastic bag that had something like "Certified Like New" printed on it. I don't recall exactly. It was inside a plain white box that was packed inside a larger shipping box.

The Tour came in entirely different packaging. It was in the typical FRU box. There was a green dot on the box, but nothing anywhere saying it was "certifed like new." It came with battery door, but no battery. To me, it looked brand new. Had all the same protective plastic labels as a new one. Might be a refurb, but I don't think so. Regardless, this one is flawless. Trackball works great, no screen ripple, battery door is tight, no plastic creaking around the ear piece.
    11-12-09 01:35 PM
    Had mine replaced with a new one with battery door. My first one had loose battery door and bad trackball
    11-12-09 01:54 PM
    mine came today with in a brown box with a green dot on the label, with battery cover, and all the plastic protection on the screen etc. It could be new for all i know. Powered up and working fine.
    11-12-09 08:18 PM
    I'm on my third tour. First one I sent back due to trackball issues. The second I sent back because the headset speaker developed a load vibration sound while on a call on the fourth day I had it. Both replacements were in perfect condition upon receiving them. I got a battery door with both, no battery

11-12-09 08:49 PM
    I'm about to call CS for a replacement, and was wondering if someone could answer 2 questions:

I have 5.0 on my BB now, do I have to reload 4.7 when I send it back? Or does it not matter?

And, all the apps I bought, is there a way to retrieve them on the replacement phone if I back them up?

Thanks.
    11-12-09 10:49 PM
    Does it bother anyone else that we paid all this money for a phone that was "defective" and they are sending us refurbrished merchandise?!
    11-13-09 11:30 AM
    So do you guys think it's worth going ahead and getting a refurbished replacement? I was offered one after I called up and complained about the bad screen ripple on my Tour, but I'm afraid I'll end up with a worse device. I also have an OCD where it will always bother me that I'm rocking a used device, especially considering I paid good money for it.
    11-13-09 11:52 AM
    So do you guys think it's worth going ahead and getting a refurbished replacement? I was offered one after I called up and complained about the bad screen ripple on my Tour, but I'm afraid I'll end up with a worse device. I also have an OCD where it will always bother me that I'm rocking a used device, especially considering I paid good money for it.
    Most of the threads as of recent about getting refurbs have been positive. It seems like the majority of the refurbs have everything fixed on them now. I called this morning and am having a replacement send to me. I mean, refurbished "like new" devices are supposed to have the problems fixed. I was hesitant for the first couple months about getting a refurb, but after seeing all of the positive threads recently, I figured the problems are probably fixed now and calling up is safe.
    11-13-09 12:29 PM
    Does it bother anyone else that we paid all this money for a phone that was "defective" and they are sending us refurbrished merchandise?!
    No, because within the first 30 days you can get a new device. After 30 days, your phone isn't really "new" so them sending you a "like new" device seems fair to me. The fact that Verizon sends out replacements with no arguments is great CS to me. If they sent out new devices to people who have had their phones for 4-5 months, you know how much money they'd lose? I would say be happy that they are willing to hand our a replacement with ease.
    11-13-09 12:31 PM
    I got a new one. Thanks
    11-13-09 06:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD