Not sure if this was discussed (didn't pull any relevant search results other than the front page) but judging from the photos, it looks to me like the VZW Tour siderails are the same color as all of the current 8800 models, however instead of just wrapping the sides, they wrap all the way around the bottom as well. Now, when I looked at Sprints Tour - it appears as the siderail color matches the current Bold siderails...which is a less shiny-more dull looking (IMO) silver/light greyish color. Being a Sprint customer, and an 8830WE addict, I'm kind of upset to see that Sprint and VZW are going to release the phones with the different color siderails. Personally, I REALLY, really like the color siderails on the 8830WE...its a shiny/darker grey-ish color. Rhe phone is just beautifully designed, and is visually perfect(which is why I'm so attracted to the Tour-as its a smaller, newer model). Anyone else feel this way-or does anyone really even care about this minor detail? Its a huge detail for me - and I really hope that the chinese aftermarket sites offer the VZW color tour siderails for sale (as they currently offer most model bb siderails) so that I could simply swap em out when I purchase the Sprint Tour. Thoughts?

Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 11:32 PM
    Not sure if this was discussed (didn't pull any relevant search results other than the front page) but judging from the photos, it looks to me like the VZW Tour siderails are the same color as all of the current 8800 models, however instead of just wrapping the sides, they wrap all the way around the bottom as well. Now, when I looked at Sprints Tour - it appears as the siderail color matches the current Bold siderails...which is a less shiny-more dull looking (IMO) silver/light greyish color. Being a Sprint customer, and an 8830WE addict, I'm kind of upset to see that Sprint and VZW are going to release the phones with the different color siderails. Personally, I REALLY, really like the color siderails on the 8830WE...its a shiny/darker grey-ish color. Rhe phone is just beautifully designed, and is visually perfect(which is why I'm so attracted to the Tour-as its a smaller, newer model). Anyone else feel this way-or does anyone really even care about this minor detail? Its a huge detail for me - and I really hope that the chinese aftermarket sites offer the VZW color tour siderails for sale (as they currently offer most model bb siderails) so that I could simply swap em out when I purchase the Sprint Tour. Thoughts?

Michael

yes its confirmed verizon is getting the titanium bezel and sprint is getting the silver bezel..

truthfully speaking though if it really irritates you sites will have bezels for sale and to top that off do you put it in a case anyway?

I guess the cosmetic thing for me isn't a major draw to some it is..
    07-01-09 11:35 PM
    Yeah, I saw the confirmation photos on the front page a few weeks back...I'm really just curious to see how people feel about the two.

As far as cases-I've never put a case on my berry...for me it adds too much bulk. I cring when I see berries or even iphones in cases. I did however recently purchase a 'more-thing' back shell for my ipod touch...looks and feels great!

07-02-09 02:18 AM
    I personally love the look of the bezel on the verizon verison..The titanium bexel reallly gives the tour a nice look..The silver one on the sprint version isn't too bad either, but i prefer the titanium one personally...
    07-02-09 05:23 AM
    I'm with you plyallstar- I like the bezel look on the verizon verison.
    07-02-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD