I am having a huge issues with my e-mail/internet and text messaging capabilities with my tour plus the phone constantly shuts off. I am on my 3rd tour (2nd replacement phone). This issue started about 4-6 weeks ago w/my first tour, it was replaced then the second one started randomly shutting off, then I am now on tour #3 and am having major issues:

I'm not able to get a signal to receive phone calls, text messages or e-mails and today while I was at work (same spot for the last 6 months -- haven't moved and never had an internet/signal problem before) when I got out of work I had 18 e-mails, 16 text messages, 2 missed calls and my battery was practically drained and dying (which by the way under mobile connections and mobile network if I put it on 1VEX it can never find a signal or is always searching for a signal whereas if I put it as Global it can find a signal).

I got this phone because I'm an avid overseas traveler and I need a phone w/me when I leave...however this is causing a lot of frustration and annoyance...I've done everything to all devices:

hard pull, complete hard drive wipe, updated service books, turned mobile networks on and off, made sure I had the most up-to-date software available

NOTHING works....any suggestions?
    01-21-10 10:38 PM
    I am having similar issues with my verizon tour, one day internet went and never came back, was working flawlessly before that then suddenly no internet

i�ve wiped, reloaded SW, turned all connections on/off reprogrammed in a thousand ways, uploaded service books and everything you can imagine, even bricked the phone on purpose to reload everything from zero with no luck

its like the internet radio it off all the time

but i have perfect working calls and sms
    01-21-10 11:58 PM
    I am having a huge issues with my e-mail/internet and text messaging capabilities with my tour plus the phone constantly shuts off. I am on my 3rd tour (2nd replacement phone). This issue started about 4-6 weeks ago w/my first tour, it was replaced then the second one started randomly shutting off, then I am now on tour #3 and am having major issues:

I'm not able to get a signal to receive phone calls, text messages or e-mails and today while I was at work (same spot for the last 6 months -- haven't moved and never had an internet/signal problem before) when I got out of work I had 18 e-mails, 16 text messages, 2 missed calls and my battery was practically drained and dying (which by the way under mobile connections and mobile network if I put it on 1VEX it can never find a signal or is always searching for a signal whereas if I put it as Global it can find a signal).

I got this phone because I'm an avid overseas traveler and I need a phone w/me when I leave...however this is causing a lot of frustration and annoyance...I've done everything to all devices:

hard pull, complete hard drive wipe, updated service books, turned mobile networks on and off, made sure I had the most up-to-date software available

NOTHING works....any suggestions?

What have you tried so far? This can help us help you without listing 40 things it can be.

I would try this though.

options>mobile network> change network technology to 1XEV. Just remeber if you travel out of the country, to change it back to global.
    01-22-10 07:44 AM
    this is what i have tried:

hard reset
    soft reset
    handset wipe
    send service books
    changed my 1VEX to Global just to get a signal
    changed Global back to 1VEX to not get a signal
    have had 2 replacements so far....going on my 3rd

i'm just going to the store...this is stupid. I pay $25/mth for a data plan that doesn't work half the time...I know it's not me/where I work because my co-worker who sits in the same spot just opposite of me has the ability to connect to the internet and gets his sms/mms/e-mails all the time!
    01-22-10 08:19 AM
    ONe more thing you can try before you go.

dial ##000000
    in the screen you get, scroll go to the SIP password and enter vzw.

Save this - the device will reset.

This is a manual programming and reauthenticates the device to the data side of the network.

If you end up going to the store, keep your cool. If you lose it, so will rep and they will be less inclined to help and just refer you to the 800 number. If you lose with rep on the phone, the experiemce maybe less than pleasent, but you will get another device.

Good luck and hope this gets resloved.
    01-22-10 08:25 AM
    putting the phone into "global" hurts the signal. theres no need to put the phone into Global unless ur out of the country.

dial *228 and hit the option to update ur roaming.

also Register the phone by going to "Options" click on Advanced Options, scroll to "Host Routing Table" click on it, then hit your menu and choose the option to "Register"
    01-22-10 08:51 AM
    putting the phone into "global" hurts the signal. theres no need to put the phone into Global unless ur out of the country.

dial *228 and hit the option to update ur roaming.

also Register the phone by going to "Options" click on Advanced Options, scroll to "Host Routing Table" click on it, then hit your menu and choose the option to "Register"
    Um, if you read post #4, the OP did all this already
    01-22-10 08:54 AM
    Um, if you read post #4, the OP did all this already
    still cant find out where he said he Registered his phone??... i see he said he sent the service books, but Registering it is different
    01-22-10 09:41 AM
    still cant find out where he said he Registered his phone??... i see he said he sent the service books, but Registering it is different
    Um, no it is not. Register now resends serivce books or will send initally when you first get the device. Sending serivce books from the BIS, will send the email service books. I would agree, if the books were only sent from the BIS.

One other to the OP. Call VZW and see if there is a mismatch of your MEID number in their switch and the RIM systems. This can happen after changing devices and register now will not fix it all the time. VZW can resolve this very quickly and this mismatch can cause data issues.

This is a concern, unfortunatly that is over looked.
    01-22-10 09:47 AM
    Out of curiousity though Lastraid, isnt the host routing table different than the service books? Service books controls emails, calendar events and some programs where as the routing table controls the signal or verizon ips?

im not sure, thats why im asking...just curious as to the differences.

thanks
    01-22-10 09:57 AM
    Out of curiousity though Lastraid, isnt the host routing table different than the service books? Service books controls emails, calendar events and some programs where as the routing table controls the signal or verizon ips?

im not sure, thats why im asking...just curious as to the differences.

thanks
    A register now actually does many things. Registers with the data network and send service books to the device. HRT will also populate with VZW info when a *228 option 1 is done. There are times though after the *228 opt 1- that the HRT will be blank till the reg now or battery reset is done why this happens , I do not know. Yes the HRT is different than service books.

The register now function is just located within the HRT area and the service books are located with in the service area on the device. options>advanced options>service books.
    01-22-10 10:09 AM
    Great explaination....thanks!
    01-22-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD