Just read on bgr that the 9630 is coming end of life on verizon . Hopefully the slider comes out soon or even the 9300 . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 09:26 PM
    your descriptive thread title blew me away!!
    07-15-10 10:44 PM
    Just read on bgr that the 9630 is coming end of life on verizon . Hopefully the slider comes out soon or even the 9300.
    Yep, there really is no need for the 9630 anymore with its big brother (9650) around... The "slider" seems to be a GSM device meaning we won't see it on VZW. I'm not sure about the 9300 as yet, but I can't image VZW not getting some version of the new Curve.
    07-15-10 11:17 PM
    hopefully they EOL all trackball devices. the trackball was the weakest link, which required constant cleaning and replacement just to make it functional.
    07-15-10 11:19 PM
    hopefully they EOL all trackball devices. the trackball was the weakest link, which required constant cleaning and replacement just to make it functional.
    I'm with you, but I still have a hard time with "precision" movements with the trackpad such as moving around the native browser as well as in Bolt. Also, selecting certain text in messages, while browsing, etc. seems so much more difficult (at least for me) on the trackpad. That being said, I love the fact that the trackpad doesn't require wiping down with alcohol, rubbing on white paper, shoving small pieces of paper into it, etc. Too, I'm sure returns and warranty claims HAVE to be significantly less with the trackpad.
    07-15-10 11:31 PM
    the only thing that sucks about the trackpad, is it cannot be operated while gloved where a trackball can.
    07-16-10 01:09 AM
    It makes sense that the 9630 is EOL since the 9650 replaced it in the lineup.

It's not due to another model getting added. Pretty much 8830 -> 9630 -> 9650.
    07-16-10 06:30 AM
    The Tour's June EOL was announced back in April. Bold is the replacement.

Verizon BlackBerry Tour 9630 Goes End Of Life In June And HTC Droid Eris Goes End Of Life In May | BerryScoop
    07-16-10 07:13 AM
    Awww... I kind of like my Trackball Tour, I've never had a problem with mine... (knock on wood)

The trackpad is nice, but it is harder to make the more precise movements in the browser, I agree with that 100%...
    07-16-10 08:50 AM
    The thing I miss with my tour, is wifi. Just seemed odd that every other bb available when I got it had wifi. My trackball works fine as long as my fingers are clean and dry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD