I got my first bill with the Tour on it. It's an added line to our family plan. Some of the amounts on the bill didn't look right. Like, my data plan was the full amount instead of the lower amount that was on my order confirmation, which I thought was for my corporate discount.

I called CS and asked about this, and was told that feature discounts only apply to the primary line, and my Tour wasn't the primary. Even though I was staring at my order confirmation with the lower amount, they wouldn't change it to this amount because my line wasn't the primary. But, they said they could change my line to be the primary, and then I'd get the discount on access and features from that point on. So we did that.

But that puts me in a different situation, because as the primary, I'd now qualify for a NE2 discount. Of course, I couldn't get that now, because I'd just ordered the Tour. So, I asked if I could get it if I returned my Tour and started the whole process over, and was told Yes. Then I asked, why not save us both some time and effort here and just reprocess my order to reflect my line being the primary and give me the NE2? Of course, they said, no, we can't do that.

So, now I have to return my Tour, and order it all over again. Silly. But then I'll get the MIR and the NE2, which will bring the price down to $149.95, which is what Best Buy charges for it.

VZW needs to update their ordering systems and learn about good customer service. I shouldn't have to go all through this. They should just reprocess my order and be done with it. They said if I'd bought this in a store instead of online, they could do that there. Why not for online orders?
    07-25-09 11:35 AM
    Good luck with this, seems too complicated for me to understand!
    07-25-09 11:39 AM
    I have sympathy for having to return and reorder the phone but not a whole lot for not knowing the details of your corporate discount and NE2. A lot of people's problems stem from the fact they take someone's word for how something works rather than reading the facts for themselves.
    07-25-09 11:46 AM
    Be happy they are even giving you the ne2 credit just because you made it a primary line for 1 day. Normally the line has to be primary (paying 39.99+) for 20 months before it gets the discount. No other carrier offers NE2 so be happy not greedy. Also if you read the terms of your emp disc you would have known its only the primary lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The data plan was discounted on my confirmation order, so I figured that was REAL. Silly me.

It makes no sense for VZW to not reprocess my order as the primary. When they get the Tour back, they're going to reset my account to the state it was before I ordered the Tour. The NE2 discount will be switched from the phone which WAS the primary to my phone. So, I'm not being greedy about anything.

It isn't free to VZW to have a phone returned. It makes good business sense to not have to go through that. But I'd never be one to accuse VZW of having good business sense.
    07-25-09 11:48 AM
    I'm confused on your corporate discount. I get a 20% corporate discount on my service, all my service. All the lines qualify for the 20% and it comes off my entire bill. Be sure to ask why it is only the primary, it may be your company that has that restriction through VZW and not VZW themselves.
    Also, make sure that you have the $29.99 BIS data set up and not the $44.99 BES setup. They like to switch people to the higher cost one until you call in to change it. After the discount, if it is 20% like mine, it will be $23.99/mo.
    07-25-09 11:51 AM
    I have sympathy for having to return and reorder the phone but not a whole lot for not knowing the details of your corporate discount and NE2. A lot of people's problems stem from the fact they take someone's word for how something works rather than reading the facts for themselves.
    I'm not asking for sympathy.

When I ordered the phone, I got a discount on the data plan. The order process never said that was because of my corporate discount. It gave no reason for the discount at all. I ASSUMED it was due to my corporate discount, and so did the CS rep. But there was nothing on my order confirmation which explained WHY I got the discount.

In any event, that isn't the real issue here. I'm happy with the discount being only on the primary, since I've switched my line to that. OK.

What I'm not happy about is having to return my Tour because VZW won't reprocess my order because I did it online, but if I had bought it at a store, they would. What kind of sense is THAT?
    07-25-09 11:53 AM
    I'm confused on your corporate discount. I get a 20% corporate discount on my service, all my service. All the lines qualify for the 20% and it comes off my entire bill. Be sure to ask why it is only the primary, it may be your company that has that restriction through VZW and not VZW themselves.
    Also, make sure that you have the $29.99 BIS data set up and not the $44.99 BES setup. They like to switch people to the higher cost one until you call in to change it. After the discount, if it is 20% like mine, it will be $23.99/mo.
    Not all corporate discounts are the same. It depends on what arrangement your company has made with Verizon. Mine evidently didn't want to apply the discount to other lines in a family plan, only the primary. Evidently, yours did.
    07-25-09 11:55 AM
    I understand waht you're trying to do, but sadly, it won't work. Once your line becomes the primary line, the system will restart your NE2 date. So you won't get it until 20 months from making your line the primary. If you want a NE2 credit (and have one available), you need to upgrade the current primary number, switch the Tour to your phone number, and then go and switch your number to the primary line to get the discount. Confusing, I know, but that's how you gotta do it
    07-25-09 11:58 AM
    I understand waht you're trying to do, but sadly, it won't work. Once your line becomes the primary line, the system will restart your NE2 date.
    Not true. I got my Storm last November when I switched a spare line to the primary, kept the NE2 and bought the Storm. Then I switched my line back to primary and just got the Tour two weeks ago. So no, it won't switch the NE2 dtae. Why would that matter anyways? The date of the NE2 is what it is.
    07-25-09 12:01 PM
    Be happy they are even giving you the ne2 credit just because you made it a primary line for 1 day. Normally the line has to be primary (paying 39.99+) for 20 months before it gets the discount. No other carrier offers NE2 so be happy not greedy. Also if you read the terms of your emp disc you would have known its only the primary lines.

So one should appreciate a loyalty discount that would match the price of a new customer who walks in to best buy?

wat
    07-25-09 12:04 PM
    I've had two reps in stores tell me different things about the corporate discount. One said I had to have the BES and another told me I didn't know what I was talking about, as I was already getting the discount.

Instead of renewing my husbands NE2, which I was going to use, online I went to the store. I get stuck having to send in the rebate, but it worked out better than online for me, because we had to change the account.

For my husband's corporate discount the data plan has to be paired with a voice plan of $35 or more. Since I was secondary ($9.99 voice a month) my data plan didn't qualify.

We switched it, made my number primary, but left his name.

Aren't you going to get charged the $35 restocking fee? Would that still work out better?

Your primary line must have been eligible for the NE2 when you bought the phone. I would make sure it's still eligible. My rep said she had to upgrade before we made the account changes or we would have lost the NE2 altogether.

Usually the reps in the store check for me to see if anyone is eligible for the better pricing, that is why I pay more and go to the store.
    07-25-09 01:22 PM
    Hope you get a good phone when u have to return and start over and not one with problems

07-25-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD