OK here goes! I had contacted vzw through Planet Feedback because of the issues I was having with my Storm. It has really been a rough road with this device. The office of the chair contacted me and said if I could to please hold out till the update comes out and then they will do whatever it takes to make me happy. Well the update did help a lot but now starting to have click issues and just really wanted to get rid of the Storm and go to a new Tour. All the reviews I've read are really good for what I use a BB for.

I talked to them today and said I wasn't happy and was concerned because of the click issue developing. I tried an Iphone extensively in the store and my friends and really just don't think a touch screen is good for me. I told him that what I really wanted was just to be able to upgrade with the NE2 price. Also explained that I had no plans for my Storm and if it was possible to just trade it in straight up I would do that as well.

He looked over my account and very politely thanked me for the many years of service I have had with them and that if that is what would make me happy they would send me a new Tour as a straight exchange. I will just send them my Storm back and we are squared!

I felt guilty and started explaining that I wasn't trying to scam or get anything for nothing was just very dissatisfied with this phone and he said he knew that and they were happy I had followed all the procedures and was patient with my 4 replacement Storms and they just wanted me to be happy. That's why they are fedExing my Tour so I won't have to wait at a store to get it.

Now that is customer service!!! Sorry my dear Storm but looks like I'm moving on
    06-30-09 02:17 PM
    Awesome! That's a good deal there
    06-30-09 02:19 PM
    I have a feeling a lot of Storm users are going to be doing this .
    06-30-09 02:22 PM
    I went through the same thing this morning after my screen decided not to click on the lower half.

I too am getting a Tour for Free now, plus being able to keep the storm. I could sell the storm on e-bay or something but no ones gonna buy it since the screen doesnt click right...at least verizon is saving me 500 bucks so I don't have to pay retial for the Tour!

Verizon has extreamly good customer service for doing that for me as well
    06-30-09 02:24 PM
    How far were you from your one year upgrade?
    06-30-09 02:25 PM
    I did my upgrade last November when Storm came out so not even close here. I'm just happy they resolved the issue to my complete satisfaction.
    06-30-09 02:29 PM
    I feel like it is something worth trying. I still like my Storm but I think the Tour may be the solution for me, especially if it could be a trade!
    06-30-09 02:34 PM
    No contract extension?
    06-30-09 02:34 PM
    No contract extension?
    I don't know about the OP, but there making me sign another 2 years with them
    06-30-09 02:36 PM
    I wouldn't mind a contract extension. I love VZW and think a more reliable BB would be icing on the cake.
    06-30-09 02:38 PM
    He didn't say anything about an extension for me but honestly I don't really care about that. I've been with VZW for so many years and have no desire to change especially since they are going the extra mile to make it right for me. It would have been a very difficult decision for me to make but I would have left if I couldn't get a new phone. The Storm was just not going to make it for another year and a half with me. So will see if I have to re-up not not but they didn't specifically say I would have to.
    06-30-09 02:39 PM
    Just out of curiosity, how much [roughly] do you pay for your service? Are you V.I.P. members? I am just shy of being a V.I.P. which is frustrating so I curious if V.I.P. status makes a difference with how eager they are to help.
    06-30-09 02:43 PM
    hey very cool .. this is the kind of customer service that deserves respect I suggest you go back to planetfeedback and right about the situation being fixed
    06-30-09 02:45 PM
    hey very cool .. this is the kind of customer service that deserves respect I suggest you go back to planetfeedback and right about the situation being fixed
    That is exactly my plan as soon as I get my new Tour in hand! I am all too aware that positive feedback is never given often enough. And I am a V.I.P. customer and the only reason I know this is because they sent me a letter stating it.
    06-30-09 02:50 PM
    I had great experience with Planet Feedback for Verizon several years ago! Its amazing. It seems like the customer service number YOU call and the customer service number THEY call you with are completely different people. (I know they are but you get my drift).
    06-30-09 02:52 PM
    Planet Feedback is an awesome site. I just used it about a week ago, and got fantastic results.
    06-30-09 02:56 PM
    Sweet deal. And I'll bet they now have a die-hard customer for quite a while. Thats good business.
    06-30-09 03:05 PM
    Can someone please explain what this Planet Feedback is all about?
    06-30-09 03:57 PM
    Can someone please explain what this Planet Feedback is all about?
    yeah i would also like to know what Planet Feedback is. I went to their website and it looks like if you have a complaint Planet Feedback helps both sides of the problem? Tell me if im right I am still confused.
    06-30-09 04:09 PM
    Pretty much, you go to the site and write a "letter" explaining your issue/concern. They will forward the letter to the appropriate person. In Verizon's case the email gets forwarded to Lowell McAdams (CEO).

Of course, no response was received from him but rather a response was received from the Head of the Executive Relations department asking for more information and how the situation could be remedied. After providing the information I received a phone call from a staff member in his department, and was provided excellent service.
    06-30-09 04:19 PM
    cool thanks for the info!
    06-30-09 04:27 PM
    called today, i foudn this thread after i callled. the things i bitched about were common things. she was real snotty with me and said at the end, well i seen you have had x replacements and im willing to offer you the tour at the 199 price after rebate. i said yes. she said ill call you on july 13th ive set the call back up.
    06-30-09 04:30 PM
    yeah i would also like to know what Planet Feedback is. I went to their website and it looks like if you have a complaint Planet Feedback helps both sides of the problem? Tell me if im right I am still confused.
    I'm no expert with them but from my experience they have "contacts" with the companies and they play intermediary between you and the company. If you go through their process you have to be very specific with what your beef is and what you want to resolve the issue. I was very specific with them and detailed with what would make me happy. They forwarded the issue to VZW and I got a call from the office of the chair the next day. The end result was exactly what I wanted to make me happy and keep me as a customer.

Obviously you need to be careful with what you wish for because if they can't do it they will probably say goodbye.

I had a great experience with it and as another poster stated VZW has a solid customer for a very long time because of this. Heck I've already been with them for 18 years.
    06-30-09 04:32 PM
    They do not extend your contract but rather your NE2 date. It works out well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:53 PM
    I went through the same thing this morning after my screen decided not to click on the lower half.

I too am getting a Tour for Free now, plus being able to keep the storm. I could sell the storm on e-bay or something but no ones gonna buy it since the screen doesnt click right...at least verizon is saving me 500 bucks so I don't have to pay retial for the Tour!

Verizon has extreamly good customer service for doing that for me as well
    How are you keeping your storm? If they are sending you a new tour they will be expecting your storm in the mail within ten days. Otherwise your account will be charged the full amout for the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:56 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD