I called VZW yesterday looking for help with a problem I have been having with my tour that I recently reactivated. I keep receiving emails that I have previously deleted. I didn't think it was necessarily a problem with the phone itself, but the woman I spoke to said how about we replace the phone under warranty. She said I purchased the phone in 9/11 so it was still under warranty. Reality is I purchased the phone in 9/09. I asked if she was sure it was under warranty and she said it was.

Are there even any Tours left at this point? I remember about 1 1/2 years ago people were receiving Bolds as a warranty replacement for the Tours since the Tours were out of stock.
    08-02-12 01:40 PM
    If they are going to replace the phone under warranty, I don't see why you wouldn't want to do that. The 9650 Bold is a great phone, much like the Tour, minus the trackball, and more onboard memory. Everything else is the same. You might get a Tour, but more than likely, it would be a Bold.

I mean you can try to trouble shoot it first of course. What email provider is it? Did you try deleting the account off the Tour, and then re-adding it on? What OS is running on the Tour?
    08-04-12 11:20 AM
    This happens frequently with Yahoo or Hotmail accounts. The record pointers get messed up and the BIS detects the new UIDs as being NEW, hence the redelivery.
    08-04-12 11:38 AM
    I mean you can try to trouble shoot it first of course. What email provider is it? Did you try deleting the account off the Tour, and then re-adding it on? What OS is running on the Tour?
    Well they did send me a "like new" tour that seemed a little snappier than my tour, but I continue to have the same problem receiving deleted emails. I knew it wasn't the phone unit itself.

I did delete and create new email accounts and did a hard reset and security wipe and nothing worked. Currently on VZW. I believe I am running the current OS approved by VZW.

I cannot believe that my other phone a DROID RAZR Maxx has less email problems than this blackberry.
    08-04-12 09:56 PM
    Well they did send me a "like new" tour that seemed a little snappier than my tour, but I continue to have the same problem receiving deleted emails. I knew it wasn't the phone unit itself.

I did delete and create new email accounts and did a hard reset and security wipe and nothing worked. Currently on VZW. I believe I am running the current OS approved by VZW.

I cannot believe that my other phone a DROID RAZR Maxx has less email problems than this blackberry.
    There really is no comparison. Don't forget, the Tour is an old device (3 years old) running an old OS (OS 5 is most recent available). The Droid Razr Maxx is a device released this year and runs Ice Cream Sandwich, the second most recent version of Android.

A 9930 would probably offer a much better experience than a Tour. Then again, if you have LTE where you live, no BlackBerry will match the speed of the Droid Razr Maxx, since only Android devices are capable of LTE on VZW.
    08-04-12 10:18 PM
    The Blackberry Tour is very old and i think that Verizon will try to sell you some android instead of giving you some new Blackberry phone.
    But, if you can get the Bold 9650 then do it..
    09-04-12 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD